Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Silversea is certainly getting adverse publicity here. At least it worked for me. We have cruised once with SS (quite a few years ago) and twice recently with Seabourn. I am in the process of looking for our next cruise--and because of what I read here it will definitely be SB again and not SS.

M, I've seen that list before but it's still hysterical. But they aren't technically neologisms. Neologisms are made-up words. These are just really funny new definitions for existing words (except for Frisbeeterianism, which may just be a neologism). Neologisms, in the medical literature, are a sign of schizophrenia.

There is a funny list of neologisms that should be words. I have to find it ... here is one. https://www.ranker.com/list/words-that-should-be-real/lauren-slocum

Hangry is a word we use in our family.

Well I just dropped into the thread again and to catch up and hopefully to see an acceptable resolution for both Jeff and Davey. I see that nothing suitable has been forthcoming. Very disappointing.

I think that I mentioned a few weeks back that I'd been considering a return to SS after not cruising with them for a few years. This is because I can't find a suitable itinerary with appropriate dates on Seabourn.

The Wind failing the CDC hygiene assessment plus Davey and Jeff's recent experiences have put me off and I'd rather go without a cruise this year. I fully understand that things can go wrong on any cruise but what matters is how the cruise line handles problems.

Thanks for the food pics JP and Jeff, always enjoy, plus Mysty's funnies.

JP ... yours crossed with mine.

That is a great balcony. There is something about a good balcony. Sitting and idling. Looking forward to more. Did I mention that yesterdays wings looked good.

I went back and added the picture from my computer after I posted the original first paragraph from my phone. I can't make the tapatalk (android version) upload pics any more. It's annoying.

Those wings were so crispy. I made them in the air fryer, and even though they smoked a bit it was worth it. Easy enough to clean it. Basically I crisped them in the air fryer with just a coating of oil and some salt. Then when finished I put them in the sauce, and only another minute or two in the air fryer to dry the sauce a little bit. Much longer and it would have burned.

J...negligent...eunuch...HA HA HA!

JP..thanks for neologism definition and for supplying a link to examples. I am going to start using "Confuzzled". It seems perfect for me! :) The voices in my head agree!

Nice to have you back dipping your toe in the Cooler Isklaar!

SLSD ... Isklaar .... and others ... thanks.

Thanks. I’d have hoped to report that Mark’s intervention from the very positive remarks made about him might have produced a sensible response from Silversea, but I have not received a “revert” as promised from him.

I wrote again to Mark a few days ago with a simple précis of the situation as I saw it and suggested a way forward, but didn’t receive an acknowledgement or reply - just the nonsense from the UK office. I now realise there is nothing I could have said or done to be treated fairly because they intended all along not to respect the clear reassurances we received whilst on board, and the subsequent promise to help by Mark, were empty and they were only going to use the boozecrooze as an excuse for a marketing opportunity to extract more cash from us. I have simply wasted a lot of time utterly pointlessly in the gullible belief that the promises made on board would be kept.

They say that they are not going to consider individual complaints and offer proper and appropriate compensation because that would be unfair to those that had no complaint evidently and were given discounts on future cruises even though they hadn’t asked for any. Well, suprise, suprise, my wife and I are individuals, and my experiences are different from others, and I expect to be treated with respect rather than contempt and listened to. If I sound angry it is because i am. I started off by being simply dissapointed, but now I am dissapointed and angry. When you cheat people, they become angry.

It is great when good organisations receive support and more business when they gain a reputation for good after sales service and equally it is reassuring when people clearly say that they are motivated to avoid organisations who treat customers badly.

Thanks. :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

TTS, LOL! Great response. It is true that all words were made up at one point. Thus I don't get too bent out of shape about changes in spelling or grammar. Language evolves and the ultimate goal is to get your point across.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Apart from less and fewer. One should always get worked up by the incorrect usage of less and fewer. Especially in supermarkets.. It's not "five items or less" It's "five items or FEWER".

Rant over, good night all

Rp

In our Sainsbury's a small blackboard at the deli counter said, ''Try our new sausages for your Barbecue's''

I wanted to ask' ''For my barbecue's what?''

I do, however, have a problem with people condemning the import of phrases from other nations into British English. In fact, if it were not for the importation of language from other places there would be no British English! The one that really winds me up is the minor public school twerp who deplores the perceived American tendency to make verbs from nouns. FFS, people in the British Isles have been doing that unhindered since Noah was a lad!

Looking forward to your Australian blog JP.

We fly to Sydney in a few weeks. We will hire a car and stay in the Hunter Valley to sample some wine. Hoping the weather will be fine. It will be cold and can cope with that but rain will make it a bit miserable.

Apart from less and fewer. One should always get worked up by the incorrect usage of less and fewer. Especially in supermarkets.. It's not "five items or less" It's "five items or FEWER".

Rant over, good night all

Rp

My rant -

The internet seems to spawned a generation of people who don't realize 'then' and 'than' are two different words with two different meanings, and they are not 'interchangeable'! ;)

CruiseCritic seems to have spawned and generation of people who believe they have a 'room stewart'. :rolleyes:

It should be friggin' illegal to write a date using all numbers!!! :mad:

Very interesting point regarding the chargeback Jeff,

I’m sure they’d like to keep it very quiet if the chargeback went through. It could open up a whole can of worms for them. Mastercard were extremely helpful and told me that it was very likely to be successful.

I know exactly what you mean about being disappointed and angry. On the cruise I was both upset and disappointed. Had the matter been dealt with fairly and early on then I would have got over it. As time has gone on i’ve become very angry about the way that we have been treated. I don’t take kindly to being taken for a fool.

Very interesting point regarding the chargeback Jeff,

I’m sure they’d like to keep it very quiet if the chargeback went through. It could open up a whole can of worms for them. Mastercard were extremely helpful and told me that it was very likely to be successful.

I know exactly what you mean about being disappointed and angry. On the cruise I was both upset and disappointed. Had the matter been dealt with fairly and early on then I would have got over it. As time has gone on i’ve become very angry about the way that we have been treated. I don’t take kindly to being taken for a fool.

Dave,

I see no evidence so far that Silversea consider the consequences of decisions they reach. I see no evidence that would lead me to believe that having refused the customer a penny in compensation that they will then willingly fully reimburse an agent 100% following a chargeback and then continue doing it chargeback after chargeback.

i think you are applying a rational thought process to an irrational management. :)

However after a few chargebacks or TAs dropping them perhaps they might instead reconsider just stopping the problem by simply treating their customers right in the first place.

And don’t get me started on my iPad auto correcting what i’ve Typed when it thinks it knows better!

Have you noticed on Just Eat and Tripadvisor how many people will “defiantly” rather than “definitely” be buying again?

Definately is always corrected to defiantly.

Dave,

I see no evidence so far that Silversea consider the consequences of decisions they reach. I see no evidence that would lead me to believe that having refused the customer a penny in compensation that they will then willingly fully reimburse an agent 100% following a chargeback and then continue doing it chargeback after chargeback.

i think you are applying a rational thought process to an irrational management. :)

However after a few chargebacks or TAs dropping them perhaps they might instead reconsider just stopping the problem by simply treating their customers right in the first place.

That’s the main reason i’ve Not followed the chargeback route J because I strongly suspect the agent may be left holding the baby.

Aren't TA's agencies under a contract of some sort with the cruise lines they market? Surely there must be something in the contract which species their commission. And surely there must be something outlining their financial obligations if something goes south. Surely no agency would agree to swallowing the complete cost in that case.

That’s the main reason i’ve Not followed the chargeback route J because I strongly suspect the agent may be left holding the baby.

Dave, we are going round in circles and I am unable to focus on your objection. You will always have the option of paying the agent whatever you,want if you wish to. I still do not see how in the desciption you outlined why you,would sacrifice the easier option for the harder one.