Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Good Afternoon All .... and many thanks for all the kind sentiments of support. Can I welcome visitors and express the hope that you stay and join us on our daily content-free meanderings. It is often boring and sometimes fun but is always friendly and welcoming. :)

I personally feel bewildered that having clearly made the wrong decision with respect to the charter, and then not informing us so that we could make an informed decision and choose a different cruise, and put us through a terrible experience, it then felt it unnecessary to resolve it.

I haven’t heard yet from Mark Conroy since his welcome offer to see if he can help and so I’ve sent a summary of what I feel the simple issue is earlier today. I have asked wifey how she thinks this will end, and she currently has no confidence at all, based on what we have so far seen that they will engage. It would be absurd to need to resolve this in UK courts, but they have made no offer or genuine apology.

I will obviously keep Cooler friends updated on progress. A genuine heartfelt thanks from wifey and me.

Today was pumpkin ravioli with tomato sauce and parmesan and sourdough ...

80c4f88f5cdef798112138f212507ca3.jpg

7368e957ce0701b303e8d963f2375484.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Afternoon all,

Thank you for your sentments of support rols and Ladyvol1.

I’m not holding out much hope though. After sending my email to Mr Conroy I received a 13 word email (including the Dear Mr and the Mark at the end.He forwarded the email to Peter Shanks that I had already been communicating with who just keeps repeating his opinion that we have been dealt with fairly and reasonably. I’ve heard nothing from Mr Conroy since. Not many options left now.

Not many people know this, but M gets paid for her daily funnies .... by way of The Sunday Clarkson ... ! :eek:

Nevertheless ... today he muses about the stresses of travel compared to scoring penalty goals .....

I’d rather take another six-day battering in Mongolia than a World Cup penalty

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jeremy-clarkson-id-rather-take-another-six-day-battering-in-mongolia-than-a-world-cup-penalty-l7nwp9j8g?shareToken=914f36259ab3915adb8b7bde3fc08b07

Good Afternoon all,

Thank you for your sentments of support rols and Ladyvol1.

I’m not holding out much hope though. After sending my email to Mr Conroy I received a 13 word email (including the Dear Mr and the Mark at the end.He forwarded the email to Peter Shanks that I had already been communicating with who just keeps repeating his opinion that we have been dealt with fairly and reasonably. I’ve heard nothing from Mr Conroy since. Not many options left now.

Our most recent letter is sitting somewhere in limbo.Not a word since the first letter which basically stated take your 25% and be happy.Hope to see you on board again .

Our most recent letter is sitting somewhere in limbo.Not a word since the first letter which basically stated take your 25% and be happy.Hope to see you on board again .

I’m really sorry to hear that Capri. I Just find it incomprehensible that they have behaved in this way. It’s bad enough knowing that we are left with no option but to take the legal route let alone being in the position you are in where you don’t have that option. Unfortunately when we book our ultra luxury cruises on the promise of the Individual service that they provide being almost clairvoyant, they don’t mention how they’ll treat you when they mess things up.

Anyway, on a nicer note, have you booked any more cruises yet?

Greetings Coolers! We were off to a family wedding in Toronto this weekend.

Thanks for the Clarkson J! I am paid more than I deserve for the funnies! :) I will have to put Mr. Clarkson on the shelf until tomorrow. My eyes are currently crossed from the 5 hour train ride home. I will enjoy it more tomorrow!

Have a great evening all!

I’m really sorry to hear that Capri. I Just find it incomprehensible that they have behaved in this way. It’s bad enough knowing that we are left with no option but to take the legal route let alone being in the position you are in where you don’t have that option. Unfortunately when we book our ultra luxury cruises on the promise of the Individual service that they provide being almost clairvoyant, they don’t mention how they’ll treat you when they mess things up.

Anyway, on a nicer note, have you booked any more cruises yet?

No probably go back to Seaboun which we have always enjoyed.

Lovely funny M ..... and hope the wedding was good.

Capri .. sorry you have received no further coms . .. it is bewildering. In a way.

Today was spit roasted chicken with crudité salad and sourdough. Wifey says that crudité at home gives her the benefit of sort of Nice but without the French. And some Grüner.

3e64046a7a2e81b2922053cf8cddea8f.jpg

5f50666426dd9eb7553c46d8ba02a477.jpg

fae0bf9f131cda37dea42ad39ea66542.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks delicious J! Hope your seaside plans work out!

Thanks M .... icecream ordered for delivery!

We seem to have the start of the Brexit metldown here in the UK. I have no idea how we managed to get to where we are today. A totally shambolic government. At what point will they simply pick up the ball and return to the UK and say “No more cash, no more arguing ... the EU have not for one single day negotiated in “good faith” - they do not want a settlement, and so a negotiated departure has never been and would never be possible.”

We seem to have the start of the Brexit metldown here in the UK. I have no idea how we managed to get to where we are today. A totally shambolic government. At what point will they simply pick up the ball and return to the UK and say “No more cash, no more arguing ... the EU have not for one single day negotiated in “good faith” - they do not want a settlement, and so a negotiated departure has never been and would never be possible.”

Would be interested in more insights as to . . . how long PM May can hang on? With Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson resigning this morning, it is getting more and more "challenged" for her government. What are we missing and what happens next? Love to learn more!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 207,538 views for this posting.

Greetings Coolers......the struggle with communications has finally been resolved and l am now on a learning curve with new remotes and ipad settings....so far so good!

Lovely to see more new guests joining us along with the usual suspects hanging around the bar 😎

What a mess with Brexit...l see darling Boris has resigned ...one wonders what our vote is worth now and Mrs May must be wobbling in her Jimmy Choos...😉

M...hope your wedding was enjoyable.....Jeffers....enjoy the balcony with the ice cream and fish.....

😊

Afternoon all.

Hope you enjoyed a lovely wedding M.

Sounds like you’ve had fun MissSophia!

Well said Jeff, Time to take our money off the table and walk away.The way that the EU has carried on just shows why we voted out. What a shame our politicians refuse to work for the good of the Country instead of squabbling between their little cliques.

I know there are many Brits on this thread, but for those interested yesterdays (7/8) NYT Travel section had a fun front page article on cruising. The author was a big supporter as opposed to many travel writers who look down their noses.

I think he is hoping for female endorsement when he makes his “bid”. :D

Hopefully there won’t be a quick bid for a “vote of no confidence” because the longer they leave it the better chance that it will be successful on the actual vote.

For those of you not au fait with British politics you should be aware that Boris Johnson is an unprincipled charlatan. He is only interested in promoting himself and he has been an absolute disgrace as Foreign Secretary. As for the Brexiteer Faragist wing of the Conservative Party, they are intent on bankrupting our country.

Do you have a sense of how much support he would have now?

The issue is that he personally might not have much support in a bid for leadership, but he might gain support in any initiative to get rid of our PM. If he is seen as leading a bid of no confidence it would get less support than from almost anyone else.

He was made Foreign Secretary purely on the basis that it was better for him to be in the tent ** out, than being outside of the tent ** in. If you know the phrase. :)

OK...so that seems to suggest that if someone else picked up the baton there may be enough support for a vote of no confidence. Hopefully someone credible will answer the "call to arms".

Yes, but timing is critical.

They may be able to get the 48 Conservative MPs to ask for tthe vote, but when the vote is taken they need 151 votes for it to carry. If they “go to early” they may get the 48 but fail to get the 151. That leaves her even more powerful than she is now. It seems to me the longer the wait the more her proposal will actually sink in, in all it’s awfulness and then the greater the appetite to get rid of her. What she is proposing in simple terms reneges and would be far, far worst than if we had simply stayed in the EU.

There is, I believe a slowly growing desire to call the EUs bluff because the consequences of that whilst a leap into the unknown and economically damaging for an unknown period the alternative is to basically cede sovereignty to the EU which to many is a worst gift to our children than the short term uncertainty.

In the end people always work problems out, and leaving without a deal sounds worst than it probably would be in practise.

Yes, but timing is critical. They may be able to get the 48 Conservative MPs to ask for tthe vote, but when the vote is taken they need 151 votes for it to carry. If they “go to early” they may get the 48 but fail to get the 151. That leaves her even more powerful than she is now. It seems to me the longer the wait the more her proposal will actually sink in, in all it’s awfulness and then the greater the appetite to get rid of her. What she is proposing in simple terms reneges and would be far, far worst than if we had simply stayed in the EU. There is, I believe a slowly growing desire to call the EUs bluff because the consequences of that whilst a leap into the unknown and economically damaging for an unknown period the alternative is to basically cede sovereignty to the EU which to many is a worst gift to our children than the short term uncertainty.

Appreciate the very good background, comments and follow-ups from Jeff and others. Watched a decent amount of the various questions to the Prime Minister on the floor of the UK House today. Interesting process!!! German's Chancellor also has a tangled mess on her hands about how the borders are managed (or not) for her country and others in Europe. Plus, holding her power as their leader.

"Sovereignty" is a difficulty question to decide/determine??!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 228,081 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923