Taking drinks off ship

Mum2max

We have purchased the deluxe drink package. We are sailing on oasis in 10 days. My question is can you get cans of coke from the bar? Unopened ? Can you take these off ship for use on your excursions ?

The beverage packages do not normally include cans of soda, only fountain soda.

How would you keep them cold? And I believe it may be one can at a time. For one stop in alicante I had the soda package and used my rccl cup for the soda then poured it into my thermos which keeps my water cold when running. It was eh. No fizz. I'd just use water or buy soda at port. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Is there any thing else apart from water that is packaged and unopened...like cartons of juice ? Do they check your bags when you get off the ship and when you get back on ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Oasis class ships (not sure about other classes) have Powerade available at the Vitality Cafe. We usually get a few of those for shore excursions in addition to water.

The only unopened item you get from the beverage package is water, and that you can carry off the ship with you. They even usually have a person handing it out with your ID right before getting off.

The OP is sailing on Oasis. They can also get Powerade in unopened bottles from the Vitality Cafe. Red Bull is also available.

All bags were checking getting back onto the ship in St Thomas and At Marteen. You can get cans of soda. People without the package do. Just ask for it and hope they remember not to open it before bringing it to you. But to help the local economy for that dollar, I’d suggest buying the soda on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All bags were checking getting back onto the ship in St Thomas and At Marteen. You can get cans of soda. People without the package do. Just ask for it and hope they remember not to open it before bringing it to you. But to help the local economy for that dollar, I’d suggest buying the soda on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are paying individually for soda you get a can (I think it's around $4) but if you have a package you only get fountain. OP was asking about getting cans with a package which you do not.

Technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

I’ve never seen them enforce it. We take a 24 pack of Dasani and usually a 12 pack of coke on every cruise. I tried buying the Evian water once and it tastes horrible so we bring Dasani. Worse case scenario your out like $8 if they take it. A lot of people however don’t even put it in luggage and tape a luggage tag to a case of water and it gets delivered to the room.