New to NCL - questions on "nominal fees" for shows, etc....

kcparrothead

I am in a pretty large group of friends cruising on the Getaway next year and it's been difficult finding the extra costs for the "better" shows & other entertainment venues that charge extra to see. Most of us will get the dining pkg so I don't really care about those charges but will we be charged the 18% gratuity charge? Thanks!

For the Free 3 Specialty Meal Dining Package, you are charged the gratuity ahead of time once you choose the Pkg. as one of your perks. It came to somewhere around $24 total for two people in the cabin. I can't remember the exact number.

For the Free 3 Specialty Meal Dining Package, you are charged the gratuity ahead of time once you choose the Pkg. as one of your perks. It came to somewhere around $24 total for two people in the cabin. I can't remember the exact number.

Thanks!

There are additional fees for things like the painting classes and bingo.

There is an additional charge for dinner in the Circus venue but that may be covered in your dining package.

All of the shows in the theatre are free however reservations (free) are suggested for a couple of them.

Enjoy. The Getaway is a wonderful ship with a great staff.

Cruising on the Getaway next month. Here is what I have via the NCL planning site:

Cirque Dreams & Steam

Banquet Seating - $11.80 w/SDP (I think $30 or $35 without)

Floor Seating - $17.70 w/SDP ($40 or $45 w/o)

Wine Lovers the Musical - $29.50

All prices include the 18% gratuity.

There are additional fees for things like the painting classes and bingo.

There is an additional charge for dinner in the Circus venue but that may be covered in your dining package.

All of the shows in the theatre are free however reservations (free) are suggested for a couple of them.

Enjoy. The Getaway is a wonderful ship with a great staff.

This, don't confuse "ticketed" with "charged". The larger ships allow you to reserve tickets for the theater shows and comedy shows. The shows are still free (and good), this just allows for capacity control. The only shows, as far as I'm aware, that have a cost are those combined with dinner and sold as a specialty restaurant.