New To Celebrity - A few Questions

TM

We just booked a cruise on the SUmmit to Canada/New England for october, 2018.

It included the classis drink package. What beers are available at no charge for that package? Is white zinfandel wine available? If a drink costs more than the per drink allowance are we charged full price or just the difference?

Does Celebrity offer a self-disembarkation deal like Princess where we can be one of the first to disembark and carry off our own luggage?

We are scheduled to arrive back at Bayonne at 8:00 am on a Sunday. I'm looking at an 11:00 am flight. We have Global Entry no no issue getting through security at the airport quickly. Not sure how far Newark airport is from Bayonne. Do you think making an 11:00 am flight is doable?

THank you in advance for all responses.

Tom

It included the classis drink package. What beers are available at no charge for that package? Is white zinfandel wine available? If a drink costs more than the per drink allowance are we charged full price or just the difference?

Does Celebrity offer a self-disembarkation deal like Princess where we can be one of the first to disembark and carry off our own luggage?

We are scheduled to arrive back at Bayonne at 8:00 am on a Sunday. I'm looking at an 11:00 am flight. We have Global Entry no no issue getting through security at the airport quickly. Not sure how far Newark airport is from Bayonne. Do you think making an 11:00 am flight is doable?

Tom

Should be no problem making flight, airport is about 15 minutes away. Suggest you check the East Coast departure board especially the Port Liberty 911 Liberty thread.

If you go to the Celebrity website and click on the drinks package you have a pop down window will appear with a list of what brands of drinks are available on that package. Be warned though like a menu it is liable to change. All types of wine are available irrespective of package. Some brands however may be restricted to a particular package. This again is likely to change depending upon availability. Being 12 months out from you cruise I would treat any lists as a guide only. If one purchases a drink in excess of the package allowance one pays the difference plus 18% gratuity

Yes you can self disembark.

Yes white zin is in the classic drink package.

Beer choices aren't great. But dh is ok. Or you can upgrade to a more expensive beverage/drink by just paying the difference. There are lists in the X posts. Do a search. But as mentioned things change.

Tom

You should have no trouble making your flight, the airport is close and they ae pretty organized with taxis and shuttles. We disembarked the Summit this past April and they seemed very organized.

We just completed this cruise on Summit. You will love it. You can upgrade to the Premium package on board for $11.80 per day including tip. That for most is much cheaper than paying the difference on drinks. A better selection of beers can be found in Cellar Masters.

We did that cruise in September. It was great. Love the ship and the crew.

We also did self-disembark. Easy. Waited in the theatre until the ship was cleared and walked off. A bit of a line/wait in customs. Don't dawdle in the am. Get to your waiting area fairly early as the line becomes very long.

On a Sunday you should make the 11 am flight. On a weekday I would not attempt it. Came back on Anthem on a Thursday and it took over an hour just to get out of Bayonne. So, barring a late arrival by the ship or some other unforeseen issue you should be fine.

At the moment there is work being done on the bridges around Bayonne but they should be completed when your leave. My family and I have been on the Summit three times, the last time in 2016 to Bermuda. We were on with only a short wait and getting off was not a problem.

Easy ship to get around, but it is showing its age. When we were on there was lost of rusts, maybe that has been corrected. Capitan Alex was driving and he always out and about greeting passengers. I did a post a few hours ago about a price drop for a cruise we are taking in March on the Equinox which was about $200.00 and we did not lose any perks. You might want to check with your TA to see if your cruise went down in price.

Tom

I think most of your questions have been answered. I just returned from this cruise on October 22. You enter the US at the port (not the airport) so you go through Immigration and Customs at the cruise terminal which does not have Global Entry. The lines can sometimes be long, but if you get off early that may not be a problem. Airport security was a nightmare, but that may depend on which terminal and gate you are flying from. If you are off the ship early, you can probably make an 11:00 plane.

Carolyn