WiFi for a “small fee” in Neptune lounge?

bjarrett7

And some Neptune Lounges don't have a printer if you need to print off air line boarding passes at the end of the cruise.
Download the airline's app on your phone, check in within 24 hrs of your flight, and the boarding pass is on your phone. All you need is cell carrier data connection if in port the day prior, or Wifi on board.

Download the airline's app on your phone, check in within 24 hrs of your flight, and the boarding pass is on your phone. All you need is cell carrier data connection if in port the day prior, or Wifi on board.

We have no choice but to stay over at a hotel at the end of the cruise because of lousy airline flights.

I just mentioned about the printer as some people do fly home on the same day as embarkation.

If we were able to fly home on the same day, I just have an ordinary cell phone for emergency use only -- no fancy phones like many of you have and no reason to own one.

We have no choice but to stay over at a hotel at the end of the cruise because of lousy airline flights.

I just mentioned about the printer as some people do fly home on the same day as embarkation.

WIf we were able to fly home on the same day, I just have an ordinary cell phone for emergency use only -- no fancy phones like many of you have and no reason to own one.

Dito, Dito, Ditto. We always stay over at least one day post cruise rtather than rush to th eiarpoert odfdfd the wship. my DH ENJOYED MAKIN g his vacation that one or two days longer. we nefver hd tro stress iff the ship was late f getting to diemvbarkation ort.

iALSO ditto about a cell phone only for emertfenxy use. After my heart attacks , my dh wanted me to have a phone if I was driving . i never wanted a cel any but now still carry my flipphone and have no need, wish or interest in a 'better or smarter phone. I don't turn this one on two times in a month. Somettimes I tthink to charge it for a few minutes.

When we looked at Neptune suites three things really surprised us. The first was the price. It seems high when one compares the space and amenities to competitve offereings. The second was the lack of host bar, even a wine and cheese in the evening. Cannot think of a similar offering in a hotel or resort that does not consider this a basic. Third thing was the IT. We would have thought that the Neptune lounge would have a terminal and a printer so that customers could print out their boarding passes.

We are on the Westerdam in a Neptune suite for the first time. Will have a hard time going back. Lounge has lots of food from 7am to 8pm and a quiet place to relax. No free wine. Fine concierge staff.

Has laptop and printer and the ship has a special internet package...$159.00 for the entire 13 day crossing...unlimited...and the best internet we have ever experienced on a ship.

Dito, Dito, Ditto. We always stay over at least one day post cruise rtather than rush to t the wship. my DH ENJOYED MAKIN g his vacation that one or two days longer. we nefver had to stress iff the ship was late f getting to diemvbarkatio p ort.

iALSO ditto about a cell phone only for emergenxy use. After my heart attacks , my dh wanted me to have a phone if I was driving . i never wanted a cell but now still carry my flipphone and have no need, wish or interest in a 'better or smarter phone. I don't turn this one on two times in a month. Somettimes I tthink to charge it for a few minutes.

ito, Dito, Ditto. We always stay over at least one day post cruise rtather than rush to th eiarpoert odfdfd the wship. my DH ENJOYED MAKIN g his vacation that one or two days longer. we nefver hd tro stress iff the ship was late f getting to dsembarkation p ort.

iALSO ditto about a cell phone only for emertfecxy use. After my heart attacks , my dh wanted me to have a phone if I was driving . i never wanted a celll any but now still carry my flipphone and have no need, wish or interest in a 'better or smarter phone. I don't turn this one on two times in a month. Somettimes I tthink to charge it for a few minutes.

Dito, Dito, Ditto. We always stay over at least one day post cruise rtather than rush to th eiarpoert odfdfd the wship. my DH ENJOYED MAKIN g his vacation that one or two days longer. we nefver hd tro stress iff the ship was late f getting to diemvbarkation ort.

iALSO ditto about a cell phone only for emertfenxy use. After my heart attacks , my dh wanted me to have a phone if I was driving . i never wanted a cel any but now still carry my flipphone and have no need, wish or interest in a 'better or smarter phone. I don't turn this one on two times in a month. Somettimes I tthink to charge it for a few minutes.

We mainly use the cell phone to call the borough whenever we lose power or water -- to find out how long we will be without power or water.

Don't need the cell phone in either car -- both cars have OnStar -- just need to push the button.

HAL needs to remove small fee wording. It implies two things it's not: special deal for Neptune suite patrons and small. Internet fees on the ships are way out of line. Satellite time is way cheaper than it used to be. I think some lines, possibly RCCL, are joining the modern age and now offering more reasonably priced service. I'll pay but wish they would do better.

Satellite time is way cheaper than it used to be.
Booze has been way cheaper than it is aboard for decades. Once technology makes it cost effective to offer a service (like Internet service) at a lower price, then value-based pricing takes over, and pricing is set based on what price would result in the highest overall profit.

When we looked at Neptune suites three things really surprised us. The first was the price. It seems high when one compares the space and amenities to competitve offereings. The second was the lack of host bar, even a wine and cheese in the evening. Cannot think of a similar offering in a hotel or resort that does not consider this a basic. Third thing was the IT. We would have thought that the Neptune lounge would have a terminal and a printer so that customers could print out their boarding passes.

A bit of a clarification on the IT issue:

there is a laptop in most Neptune Lounges (at least the ones I have been in) for use by guests. Not often always a printer, but traditionally, I have seen the concierges printing off the boarding passes for the passengers - as recently as May, 2017. We don't need the service as we stay post cruise usually and I do it a the hotel, but it is available. The boarding passes are printed at no charge.

I have stayed in some pretty nice executive rooms in hotels that offer no complimentary drinks in their lounge. Others do. It really depends where you are staying (my most recent experiences have been in Europe).

HAL needs to remove small fee wording. It implies two things it's not: special deal for Neptune suite patrons and small. Internet fees on the ships are way out of line. Satellite time is way cheaper than it used to be. I think some lines, possibly RCCL, are joining the modern age and now offering more reasonably priced service. I'll pay but wish they would do better.

(bold is mine) I agree! It definitely sounds like a perk for NS passengers, but it isn't.

As to the printer, there may be a printer in more lounges than people are aware of. On one of the Vistas, we asked about printing our boarding passes, and the concierge opened a cabinet by the guest computer (desktop, not a laptop), and voila! There was the printer. We had no idea it was there until we asked.

Thanks everyone! I was pretty sure that the “small fee” was the internet package. But I have learned on CC that it never hurts to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you ask about dress code in the MDR and then all bets are off and you will treated to the darker side of CruiseCritic.