Dining with others

bobjer17

Husband and I like to meet and talk with people while we are cruising. We always seem to get a table for two in the dining room. We wouldn't mind dining with others on our next cruise. Can we let the dining room host/hostess know? If we do that the first night does that mean we eat with the table mates the rest of the cruise?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

We are very much like the OP. Love to sit at a large table in order to meet others.

I suggest you go to the dining room upon embarkation and inquire as to what table size you have. If it is not to your liking ask about a larger table. We prefer at least an 8 top in case a couple of folks don't; show up.

One reason we prefer fixed time dining. Get to know our tablemates and have conversations we would never otherwise have.

But sharing an MDR table isn’t the only way to meet people. You and I met up on the Lido.

Husband and I like to meet and talk with people while we are cruising. We always seem to get a table for two in the dining room. We wouldn't mind dining with others on our next cruise. Can we let the dining room host/hostess know? If we do that the first night does that mean we eat with the table mates the rest of the cruise?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

No dumb question except the one that isn't asked;)

We are the same way, and on our first two cruises (CCL and RCCL) had a nice mixture of dining with others and occasionally by ourselves. We had some repeat dining partners, but On NCL we found what you did that it was always a table for two - although one night we were close enough to others who were also in a chatty mood that it was like sharing a table.

We just got back from a Princess cruise where we tried traditional dining for the first time. We had the same table mates all cruise, except when we had a specialty dinner. Two of our table mates were not at each meal, but others were not seated in their place.

If you opt for traditional dining on your Carnival cruise it should be a similar experience. If you have anytime dining you can let the hostess know you would like to share a table. This may get you seated quicker if there are others willing to share, but you may still end up by yourselves if no one wants to share when you arrive. I would think the table mates would vary more unless all of you arrived at the same time each night.

;) I just called Carnival yesterday and asked the rep. to E-Mali the MDR on the Sunshine 11/18 17 cruise and request a large table for our booking. We have done this for the last several cruises and have always had sinner at a large table. Try it, it's only a phone call.

Enjoy whomever and the new guest / friends you done with. Just asked for a larger table if not assigned. The wife and I cruised so much we just do the table for 2 and get served and off we go to the next check mark on the fun times.

We also enjoyed others as well, but at this point in time in life, we need to keep moving lol. In the past, we've had to wait for others to show up, then (if they ever showed up) of course we would wait until they were finished their meal before we would say we were leaving.

Just on our own agenda at 60 plus.

Gotta get all We can in anymore.

You will meet great people and friends for life not only at dinner, but aboard!!!

Have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But sharing an MDR table isn’t the only way to meet people. You and I met up on the Lido.

Very true but it is a good one. BTW Sheila told me to hide under the table and was too slow.

In all seriousness though how is the feisty one doing? And not to mention your favorite sister?

Very true but it is a good one. BTW Sheila told me to hide under the table and was too slow.

In all seriousness though how is the feisty one doing? And not to mention your favorite sister?

Tell Sheila the feisty one is shopping for new clothes for our Hawaii cruise.

I have shared tables with great people, not so great people and some real stinkers..

It is just potluck...

Dennis

Jacksonville, Fl

650 days at sea

73 cruises

14 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii,Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon,Alaska

And that is why i like to dine alone....Every time that i have taken a cruise, i was always put at a large table, being that i was sailing solo....and it always seemed that i was the one to fill up the table...and all tablemates were either younger than i, or it was a basically a family table, and as i said i was the one filling the table up....Some would look at me, as if to say, i didn't belong, and just didn't let me join in on their conversation....enough was enough...I pay good money to go on vacation, and i dont feel like dining with people, that make me feel uncomfortable....So i chose to dine alone...and i am out of the dining room earlier....and can go and get a good seat at the show....