Traveling with a little man

CheifM

Good afternoon,

I have a little man and he going with us on Elation in April. He still drinks a bottle, I see they have mini fridges in the rooms now. Can I fill up a bottle or two and take them back to the room for later?

You can bring cartons of milk back from the buffet in the morning, or fill your own containers with OJ at breakfast and put in the fridge. You can also get milk from room service, not sure about juice aftr breakfast hours. EM

Those cabin refrigerators are okay for short-term refrigeration needs, but do not stay cool enough to keep items from spoiling past a day or so. As a previous post stated, leave the exterior cabinet door open to help the frig stay cooler. When that exterior door stays closed (the cabinet door and not the frig door), the heat from the unit causes the frig to stay warmer than it would if it had proper circulation for cooling needs.

Just as they said those fridges are not great

We have traveled with our milk addicted little ones and it helps for a few hours

We would take cartons and fill the bottles and throw some ice in the bottle as well in the fridge

That helped stretch us and we made it work for the whole cruise

If you are talking straight milk, you can also bring cartons of shelf stable milk like the horizon brand. Expensive but it works

Have a great time, cruising with the little guys is the best

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some great tips for cruising with little ones in the subforum, Family Cruises. Our granddaughter, who will be almost 18 months, will be cruising with us for the first time, next summer. I've found wonderful information there!

You can fill a zip lock gal size bag with ice and set the bottles against the ice bag in the fridge for extra coldness, we have done this with soda cans and it has helped a lot...just request your cabin steward keep your ice bucket filled every day and you will have fresh ice....

I hope you have a balcony but if you dont then next time think about it with a little one...naps are essential when cruising with a little one...the balcony (or suites if you can) provides for some outdoor deck space of your own to relax, read a book, have a glass of wine or just watch the ocean while your little one is asleep inside the cabin....can prop the door open a little (not suppose to cuz it alters the AC) if you need to hear him but the big window allows you to see him in case he wakes....it always made me feel like I still part of the cruise and not just shut up in the cabin while he napped...also an umbrella stroller was a god send on the ship...easy to maneuver, light weight, a place to feed them while keeping them contained, our son would fall asleep many times with the motion....also bring a blow up baby bath tub and set inside the shower stall for a bath (or use the sink as a tub if you can) or use the blow up baby tub as a small pool for your balcony....have a blast!!!

Edited by Drazil65