GSC Haven Renovation

LAXLOVERLIZARDS

I was at GSC on 10/25 and no one was working at all in the new haven area. There were workers working on the new lighthouse. The buildings were up but I did not see electricity hooked to the building and they looked empty inside. It was a mess. We walked to the farthest beach which is next to the construction area and I did take pictures, but I will need my tech support(son) to show me how to add pictures.

There was no tram running because that is part of the construction zone. Everyone who worked there looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where we could catch the tram. I did not see a taco bar or anything that I had read about.

It was nice to swim in the water and see fish, but the mess from the construction detracted from the beauty of the island.

I was at GSC on 10/25 and no one was working at all in the new haven area. There were workers working on the new lighthouse. The buildings were up but I did not see electricity hooked to the building and they looked empty inside. It was a mess. We walked to the farthest beach which is next to the construction area and I did take pictures, but I will need my tech support(son) to show me how to add pictures.

There was no tram running because that is part of the construction zone. Everyone who worked there looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where we could catch the tram. I did not see a taco bar or anything that I had read about.

It was nice to swim in the water and see fish, but the mess from the construction detracted from the beauty of the island.

Its called "island time" for a reason :-) March may be ambitious lol

This topic came up at the Haven officer cocktail party last month. It was addressed to the captain, but was answered by the hotel director (for some reason).

In short, they said "who knows." They said that the hurricanes certainly delayed the project, not just from the storm itself, but from a lack of ability to get supplies to the island (which were diverted elsewhere) and a lack of workers (who were home dealing with their own storm issues). They said it is a dynamic situation that they are closely monitoring.

When pressed with a follow up question he said he had been hearing, informally, that June/July 2018 was more realistic for a partial opening, but said that could all change of things get back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're at GSC on the Breakaway last week, these photos as taken from the ship. The lagoon/Haven reserved area looked unfinished and with a sand pit in the middle where the pond of water used to be.

Maybe they can finish up the upgrade over next 2 to 3 months in time for early Spring.072e4d9362007f8c491cd9d04b33ddcf.jpg58eae9663250e1a7020e349e3ea79f56.jpg

via Nexus 5X Oreo 8.0 w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Do you think they will offer cabanas or other perks to Haven guests if the new area is not completed?

If so, it won't be worthwhile IMO.... hence the fact that we're taking it as a sea day (staying onboard). Our original itinerary had three sea days, the new one has two. Our original itinerary had 0 tender ports, the new one has 2.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out the facts - facts we'll adapt to ! :)

Tom

Are the non-Haven areas effected by this construction/renovations?

The first beach is not affected, but they are building a lighthouse which is fenced off and to get to the beaches down at the end you have to walk by that. The last beach has the fences to keep you out of the construction zone. The tram is not running because that is the road they use for the construction area so it was loaded with materials. While they are building it seemed like most of the island is fenced off. I like to walk around and explore areas but could not get too far because of all the fences.

enhance

enhance

enhance

I was there 2 days ago.

It's nowhere near completion, in fact, there was zero work being done on it...it seemed like an afterthought that has been dismissed.

The zipline tower (or lighthouse, or whatever) had workers doing something on it, but it still looks exactly like it does in the photos posted above.

Far from complete.