Oceania Suites

Heartfelttraveler

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 9:25 AM, orchestrapal said:

How about the bathrooms???👎😱

Good idea.    But there is one on the veranda by the hot tub.   Watch and take a bath.   Fun.  

We've been in two Vistas on Marina which is as close to Riviera as you can get.  They are a wonderful space.  A very large bathroom with a comfortable guest bathroom as well.  Large living room and a good sized veranda.  My memory is probably playing games with the aft OCs since we've been in them more often AND more recently.

No media room in the Vistas as there are in the OCs which for me is a plus.

Mura

19 minutes ago, Mura said:

We've been in two Vistas on Marina which is as close to Riviera as you can get.  They are a wonderful space.  A very large bathroom with a comfortable guest bathroom as well.  Large living room and a good sized veranda.  My memory is probably playing games with the aft OCs since we've been in them more often AND more recently.

No media room in the Vistas as there are in the OCs which for me is a plus.

Mura

Hi Mura

I haven't been to Vista (have been in OC though); but doesn't Vista have an "exercise/gym" area? 

It does -- or did.  It's located behind the bedroom.  From the outset I heard rumors (?) that the exercise room was going to be removed, but the last time we were in one (which is a while ago now), it was still there.

Mura

36 minutes ago, Mura said:

It does -- or did.  It's located behind the bedroom.  From the outset I heard rumors (?) that the exercise room was going to be removed, but the last time we were in one (which is a while ago now), it was still there.

Mura

We didn't stay in a Vista on Riviera last November, but toured one on turnover day, and it indeed had a dark exercise room (instead of a media room in the Oceania suites). Loved the interior space, but with all the (large) balcony facing forward, it cannot be used while underway, we've been told; way too much headwind; all furniture has to be strapped down.

7 hours ago, LesSails80435 said:

but with all the (large) balcony facing forward, it cannot be used while underway, we've been told; way too much headwind; all furniture has to be strapped down.

Completely untrue.

Yes, the furniture is secured whilst underway, and the upholstered pieces have their cushions removed when the deck in unoccupied, but we have used a Vista balcony many many times while underway.  

Actually, when the wind is blowing from the back of the ship towards the bow,  even when the ship is sailing at a good clip, it is surreally perfect up there.  

oceania-cruises-riviera-exterior-01-gall

And oh my word, the views, the views, the views!

3 hours ago, StanandJim said:

Completely untrue.

Yes, the furniture is secured whilst underway, and the upholstered pieces have their cushions removed when the deck in unoccupied, but we have used a Vista balcony many many times while underway.   

Actually, when the wind is blowing from the back of the ship towards the bow,  even when the ship is sailing at a good clip, it is surreally perfect up there.  

And oh my word, the views, the views, the views!

Thank you very much for correcting what we were told. While we've been a fan of the Oceania suites on O class, you've encouraged us to try a Vista; the interior is lovely.

6 hours ago, LesSails80435 said:

Thank you very much for correcting what we were told. While we've been a fan of the Oceania suites on O class, you've encouraged us to try a Vista; the interior is lovely.

6 hours ago, LesSails80435 said:

WE have been in a Vista  Suite and about 90% of the time when the ship is under way the balcony  is too windy to be used.  Great views from inside but not outside.   Would not try it again.   

15 minutes ago, RJB said:

WE have been in a Vista  Suite and about 90% of the time when the ship is under way the balcony  is too windy to be used.  Great views from inside but not outside.   Would not try it again.   

I won't question your experience, however:

A) a great deal depends on location, time of year, itinerary and luck.

B) "too windy"need not make the veranda "unuseable".  For example, we enjoy  sunbathing  and the solid railings

around the Vista Verandas are tall enough to shelter our lounge chairs from the wind.  The side facing Oceania Suites don't offer this protection because the railings are open.  

Different strokes for different folks.  

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

I won't question your experience, however:

A) a great deal depends on location, time of year, itinerary and luck.

B) "too windy"need not make the veranda "unuseable".  For example, we enjoy  sunbathing  and the solid railings

around the Vista Verandas are tall enough to shelter our lounge chairs from the wind.  The side facing Oceania Suites don't offer this protection because the railings are open.  

Different strokes for different folks.  

Good points.   Different strokes right on.  

12 hours ago, mertziek said:

So what deck do you feel is best for a Vista Suite on Marina?

For the good sailors among us, there is nothing like the "Penthouse at sea"  views of the Deck 12 Oceania Suites.

It is intoxicating to know that the view that they have is actually better than the Captains' is from the bridge.

104702.jpg&key=5ca9b53b16cfd9d108c95c266

For those who are concerned about the motion of the Ocean, Deck 9 is a great alternative with the largest Vista Suite verandas on the ship.