Patrol Boat collides with cruise ship at Port Everglades?

sandebeach

Yes, that is what we just heard. Channel 7 news (local) now reporting that mechanical failure with a Harbor patrol boat caused it to crash into the HAL ship. 2 deputies taken to hospital but non-life-threatening injuries. Superficial damage to HAL but they are delaying departure until the Coast Guard completes inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Departing tommorow but I saw the harmony in port well after 6 pm while it was getting dark. I was Wondering do ship leave this late normally because sail away is not as fun in the dark? Or maybe this incident caused this

I don't know if that caused a delay today for other ships, but there were small racing sailboats coming in at 4:00PM. First cruise ship movement was around 4:30PM today when Coral Princess and Nieuw Amsterdam began to move simultaneously. Nieuw Amsterdam cleared jetty at 4:35PM, Coral Princess 4:44PM, Conquest 4:57PM, Harmony 5:14PM. Harmony was at the outbound pilot station at 5:21PM still plenty of daylight.

We are scheduled to sail tomorrow and we decided to walk down the beach to see the ships leave. It was VERY rough in the channel. We watched a catamaran try to navigate into the channel and then lose control while the Coral Princess was leaving, causing him to turn around and get out the way of the ship. We saw the first three ships leave and then nothing - we were already back at our hotel by the time Harmony left, so we knew there was an issue somewhere. Just hope that all the affected people are safe and getting cared for. The pilot boats were being tossed around pretty badly when we saw them - only makes a very hard job that much more risky....

We are scheduled to sail tomorrow and we decided to walk down the beach to see the ships leave. It was VERY rough in the channel. We watched a catamaran try to navigate into the channel and then lose control while the Coral Princess was leaving, causing him to turn around and get out the way of the ship. We saw the first three ships leave and then nothing - we were already back at our hotel by the time Harmony left, so we knew there was an issue somewhere. Just hope that all the affected people are safe and getting cared for. The pilot boats were being tossed around pretty badly when we saw them - only makes a very hard job that much more risky....

The cat did not lose control; they were asked to turn around. So was the large Hatteras sportfish coming in hot. I think there was more concern about maneuvering on the Coral Princess because as soon as CP cleared the jetty the cat and Hatteras came right in.