Adventure of the Seas refurbishment

Hi there, I cannot seem to find any pictures of the refurbishments from 2016. I tried Google (many photos were not actually AOS) and I viewed several AOS threads, including 'Everything AOS' and I"m not seeing any pictures. If someone could refer me maybe to a thread with recent photos I'd greatly appreciate it! Or any website. I sailed AOS in May 2016 and my husband and I are planning a spring cruise with another couple on AOS so I'm wondering what's changed. Is it true there are now slides by the pool? Also, those were the MOST uncomfortable Royal Caribbean beds I've ever slept on...Jewel, Serenade and Indy no problem but the AOS mattresses were like sleeping on the floor...any chance the refurbishment included newer/softer mattresses? :D Much appreciation in advance!

I’m on the AOS right now, and the last time I️ sailed her was in February 2016. There have been some significant improvements. Carpets have been replaced everywhere - except the cabins I️ believe. There is a kids water slide and play area, and there is a huge water slide as well. I️ can say with complete confidence that the mattress onboard are horrible. I’m thankful I️ brought my own air mattress [emoji106].

I️ hope they change the mattresses during the next dry dock - it is needed.

Overall the ship looks great, and I’m having a fantastic time so far [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are changed all the time (many times on turn around day), not really tied to dry dock. However, changing them may not fix the issue as it seems the new ones are no better than old ones.

I’m on the AOS right now, and the last time I️ sailed her was in February 2016. There have been some significant improvements. Carpets have been replaced everywhere - except the cabins I️ believe. There is a kids water slide and play area, and there is a huge water slide as well. I️ can say with complete confidence that the mattress onboard are horrible. I’m thankful I️ brought my own air mattress [emoji106].

We'll be sailing her May 2018, can't wait! Question, if you don't mind? Do you see anything in the Compasses for the 18-23 yr olds? I can't remember what they call it, it's used to be Club 18-20 but then it got expanded to 23, I think to include all the college-aged kids as opposed to just those too old for kids programs but too young to drink. I've seen a few compasses with an evening activity listed the first couple nights then nothing later as the week goes on. We're bringing our 18 & 20 yr olds with us on that trip and I'm hoping there are others onboard their age.

Hi there, I cannot seem to find any pictures of the refurbishments from 2016. I tried Google (many photos were not actually AOS) and I viewed several AOS threads, including 'Everything AOS' and I"m not seeing any pictures. If someone could refer me maybe to a thread with recent photos I'd greatly appreciate it! Or any website. I sailed AOS in May 2016 and my husband and I are planning a spring cruise with another couple on AOS so I'm wondering what's changed. Is it true there are now slides by the pool? Also, those were the MOST uncomfortable Royal Caribbean beds I've ever slept on...Jewel, Serenade and Indy no problem but the AOS mattresses were like sleeping on the floor...any chance the refurbishment included newer/softer mattresses? :D Much appreciation in advance!

Here are a few photos of the deck 13 sports deck. I don't have any photos of Chops. I don't think anything else major changed.b9a425c063c087a709019c3b4a71a42a.jpg

d2ae52f140ffc571b9ad6c781ead273d.jpg

1ae14076a1173af909b54b76981396b6.jpg754a8ac5e470d0d398267a787172860e.jpg92529a973e7f20575c6546c88c506692.jpg

Wow! How did you pack air mattress? Take up a lot of space. Any toppers for the terrible mattresses?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! How did you pack air mattress? Take up a lot of space. Any toppers for the terrible mattresses?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are probably using one of these. Rolls up very compact, 26.5 oz., reusable. Good insurance...

Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad, Grey

They are probably using one of these. Rolls up very compact, 26.5 oz., reusable. Good insurance...

Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad, Grey

Yes! That’s the one, except mine is green. They are super lightweight (1lb) and inflate with 10-12 breaths [emoji3] This cruise would have been a nightmare sleeping wise without it.

Ship's dry dock in 2016 was hindered by hurricanes of 2016 so not all planned work was done. (Mainly the cabins did not get the refurb needed. ) as others said, even when they are refueled does not mean beds will be better. The ship is getting sent back to dry dock Jan/Feb of 2018 for more updates.

Yes! That’s the one, except mine is green. They are super lightweight (1lb) and inflate with 10-12 breaths [emoji3] This cruise would have been a nightmare sleeping wise without it.

You may recall, I got the idea from you prior to your (and my) last FOS cruises, when it had been reported/warned that the mattresses were like rocks and no mattress foam toppers were available. Turns out they were (for me) available and my air mattress wasn't necessary. I made the request thru special needs. The grey version is 30" wide:D...

Edited by Johnamac123

Hey Robyn,

Sorry for the OT question. The 19-20 Caribbean schedule is out today, and FOS is only sailing from San Juan. It has an ABC Islands cruise 12/1/19 which I'd love to book. Considering what you went thru sailing from San Juan, would you ever sail from there again? I guess the other issue is was there alot of additional cost of flying into San Juan? Finally, do you have a solid recommendation for a pre-cruise hotel? Thank you and sorry for interrupting your vacation!!