Allure OTS newbie question

lcookie

Hi, we were on 8/20/17 Allure, we also were newbies to the big ship. Dinner and entertainment opened up for pre cruise reservations at different times around 120-90 days before departure. Keep checking as they do not have a set date. If you don't pre-reserve for dinner or entertainment there will be a line. We all love this ship, and will book it again next August, maybe Oasis. Happy to answer any questions

RCL has developed an app where you can IM others while on the ship. This was not available on our Allure sailing but soon will. We had to buy the internet pkg so we can text each other.

Nice. Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. We don't sail till next fall so the kinks should be out by then.

Hi, we were on 8/20/17 Allure, we also were newbies to the big ship. Dinner and entertainment opened up for pre cruise reservations at different times around 120-90 days before departure. Keep checking as they do not have a set date. If you don't pre-reserve for dinner or entertainment there will be a line. We all love this ship, and will book it again next August, maybe Oasis. Happy to answer any questions

That is what I have read about the lines and waitlists. I want to be early to the party. Glad you enjoyed the ship. I'm sure we will too.

TALK to the rest of your party! Tell each other where you will be...what your plans are..and it's EASY to find each other!

On the surface that sounds fine. However, the kid and I are always on the go while mama likes to take it slow. It is a lot easier to link up at random times if there is a way to communicate. Additionally, when I drop the kid off at the kids club she can let me know when she is ready for me to pick her up.

After using the hub app on Carnival we got spoiled.

Just off the allure- the app doesn’t even work with accurate info about the ship. Even the ship time was incorrect after daylight savings. Cannot text or message on it.

Our bookings opened over the 4th of July so 4 months prior to our sailing.

Sounds like that hasn't changed since my last time on her, but to add to your set date time, I believe they open the dates for each ship about 4 sailings at a time so that is why its 90 days ahead for one cruise and 120 for another. This is one good reason to participate in your roll call.