Any cuba cruise reviews yet???

alexandra cruiser

I would ask on the Cuba forum if anyone on the recent cruises since the new announce was made has had any extra treatment getting off the ship

not just Oceania but other ships also

it is still early days sine I am guessing most of the passengers booked before June 16th

Maybe you are flagged when you swipe off the ship & they pull you aside if you are not on an O tour ??

It will interesting to read the returnees on these sailings

So far Oceania's response when I called them was to blame President Trump. I was told that we will not be allowed off the ship if we are not on an approved tour.

I must say that I think that will be impossible to enforce.

Since the President is the one who changed the rules, then he is to blame. Doesn't really matter though why the rules have changed, just that they have. I have seen postings on the Cuba board that everyone was able to just get off the ship and other postings that you had to show proof of an organized tour before they let you off the ship. These people where all on different cruise lines so I suspect your experience depends upon just who is enforcing the rules.

Maybe O will give better deals to their exc.pkgs since almost FORCED to take them...or not. We usually use the free ones inc. in price and do rest on own,but looks like that may be impossible. Good I have almost a year to decide .

Just a shout out to any on current cruise,,,how s it going...Sure have a captive audience out here waiting for news.

Thx. We wouldn’t do a people to people license

Not sure what you mean

Have you filled out the Passenger-Certification & sent it to Oceania?

What did you check off for the reason for your visit?

Not sure what you mean

Have you filled out the Passenger-Certification & sent it to Oceania?

What did you check off for the reason for your visit?

Support for Cuban people...

Holly2 - You should have already filled out a "OFAC" form for Oceania. There are two version of this form, one for those who booked prior to June 16th and one for those who booked after. Have you filled out this form?

Am I correct that O will offer some form of medical ins. in Cuba, think most ins.co.won t cover the cruise. Any details know?

Will anymore visa ,etc. be needed besides cert.disc. above?

Cuba requires that all tourists have medical insurance for their medical system. Oceania provides this.

I just got off the phone with Oceania.

The agent sent me the form for passengers that booked before June 16, 2017.

If you go to the Oceania Web site and scroll to the bottom you will see contact us click there.

On the right side of the next page click on questions and browse facts.

On the next page click on Cuba.

Next page scroll to How do I certify. Everything you nee will be there whether you booked before or after 16 June.

Hope this helps

I just got off the phone with Oceania.

The agent sent me the form for passengers that booked before June 16, 2017.

If you go to the Oceania Web site and scroll to the bottom you will see contact us click there.

On the right side of the next page click on questions and browse facts.

On the next page click on Cuba.

Next page scroll to How do I certify. Everything you nee will be there whether you booked before or after 16 June.

Hope this helps

Thanks for link, but I wonder how others will find out this info,since I never knew it was there. Hope they send ea.pass. a print out of all info. Hate to feel like I missed something, if I didnt know RIGHT place to look. Many times I call my TA and have HER figure it out and just let me know.I prefer to have all the info myself,just in case.

Thanks for update, mine is the 3 port one next yr.Will have to wait a bit for any members on next one to post a review.

Know when I booked this, it was almost all full for this yr.to Cuba, and much of next.Sure O will do its best to make cruises safe and enjoyable,,,even under tighter restrictions.If people cancel,,,sure many on waitlist to take their place.

We are booked on Sirena for May 2018 Cuba cruise. :)

All necessary paperwork completed by Oceania TA for travel to Cuba.

We’re good to go!

Thanks for link, but I wonder how others will find out this info,since I never knew it was there. Hope they send ea.pass. a print out of all info. Hate to feel like I missed something, if I didnt know RIGHT place to look. Many times I call my TA and have HER figure it out and just let me know.I prefer to have all the info myself,just in case.

My TA told me to fill it out and would check later to verify if I had. If yours is not doing their job, find one that will.

....I wonder how others will find out this info,since I never knew it was there.

Oceania sent the affidavit to our travel agent who then emailed it to us. We printed them out, filled them in, then faxed them back to Oceania. They let our TA know when they received them and she told us. I also kept a hard copy of it too. This was done months ago; our trip is in 6 days.

Bought my Canadian dollars to exchange for CUC's, then will exchange back for US dollars.

Don’t see anything prohibiting priv tours. Am I missing

Something?

Our guide says he is compliant.

When did you book. Before June 16, 2017 -- you are pretty much assured that most private tours are compliant.

However -- after June 16th -- the requirement that Oceania is placing makes sure that the tour is compliant. Remember if guests fail to comply Oceania can be fined or have their export license revoked. From the O FAQ the key words are 3rd party US Sponsoring -- accompanied by a US individual. Meaning a private tour with a local Cuban guide is not compliant.

What if I purchased my voyage on or after June 16, 2017?

Guests who purchased their voyage on or after June 16, 2017 can travel to Cuba under the group people-to-people general license and participate in OFAC-compliant people-to-people exchanges through Oceania or a third party U.S. sponsoring organization accompanied by a U.S. individual of the sponsoring organization to ensure a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people and that will result in meaningful interaction between the passenger and individuals in Cuba.