St Lucia private tours to mud baths

RockinJ

Spencer Ambrose has a good tour, both land and sea. spencerambrose.com

We used Spencer Ambrose for a St. Lucia tour last month. We just did the speed boat trip to Sugar Beach, but others on our roll call did the mud bath, volcano, beach tour and enjoyed it. I have to say initially it was very disorganized -- finding where you needed to meet and then waiting for them to tell you what boat to get on, but after that, it was very good.

Spencer's was one of the best tours we ever did. Did the biggest full day package last year. Warning, don't wear an expensive swimsuit to the mud bath. After washing my trunks and many hours in the ship's pools and hot tubs, the smell of sulfur was still so strong that I had to finally throw them out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Spencer's was one of the best tours we ever did. Did the biggest full day package last year. Warning, don't wear an expensive swimsuit to the mud bath. After washing my trunks and many hours in the ship's pools and hot tubs, the smell of sulfur was still so strong that I had to finally throw them out.

Ummmmm, is it necessary to wear a suit? we have mud baths in the northern Napa area here in California, and have never used them. perhaps this is not private? No flaming, please. I'll get burned in all the wrong places. ;p

We used Spencer Ambrose for a St. Lucia tour last month. We just did the speed boat trip to Sugar Beach, but others on our roll call did the mud bath, volcano, beach tour and enjoyed it. I have to say initially it was very disorganized -- finding where you needed to meet and then waiting for them to tell you what boat to get on, but after that, it was very good.

We were on the same cruise and while we didn't do the same tour as you, the reason for mass confusion was that the normal port location (Pointe Seraphine) was closed, and we pulled in right along town. We have not docked there in 20+ years. Hopefully whatever they were doing, will be completed since the official Caribbean season has now begun.

Ummmmm, is it necessary to wear a suit? we have mud baths in the northern Napa area here in California, and have never used them. perhaps this is not private? No flaming, please. I'll get burned in all the wrong places. ;p

It is a group mud bath, and from what I have read, bring an (old) bathing suit that you plan to discard.

Not private and probably very different from what you would think is a mud bath. More like a sulfur hot tub with some volcanic mud you can smear on yourself

RockinJ,

Firstly, If you post your question on the St. Lucia board.you are likely to get a better response than if you just post here.

Secondly, try one of the following highly rated tour companies (from TripAdvisor) - Cosol, Serenity LVL, Barefoot Holidays, A Touring Service, Island Man Tour & Taxi, Real St. Lucia, Joe Knows, Spencer Ambroseç James, Smarty, Stannis, etc. Check out their reviews and tineries to make sure they are providing the tour that you are looking for.

For example, the following all offer something similar to your requirements:-

Serenity, Island Tour, $60.00 group, $335.00 private

Spencer Ambrose, Land, Sea & Beach Tour, $105.00 group

Spenser Ambrose, Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break, $90.00 group

Cosol, Island Tour, $75.00 group

Barefoot Holidays, Soufriere Island Delight Tour, $78.00 group

A Touring Service, Soufriere Tour, $45.00 group. $170.00 private (exc. lunch and entrance fees)

Island Man Tours & Taxi, Soufriere Tour $160.00 private (exc. lunch and entrance fees)

NAGooner

We just returned from the 11/4 sailing and can not rave enough about our Cosul Tour with Yellowbird. It was very memorable day with so many varied experiences and inexpensive. Seven hours of great sites, fun experiences and delicious local food and drinks. The van will vote on the mud baths or more intensive tour of volcano.

Sent from my iPad using Forums