How much cash to bring

41years

I always think it is wise to error on more rather then less just in case for any reason you need cash.

Think thought things like cash for ports, cash for room service, cash for small purchase ashore, cash for any taxis and then add in the unexpected.

Keith

If you are not getting off the ship then you just need cash for the porters that take your bags at the dock

room service delivery person if you order room service

& if you choose to give the staff any extra tip at the end of the cruise

If you do get off in port just double or triple it

it all depends on what you want to buy ashore

We have a 14 day Caribbean cruise at the end of the month and wondering how much cash should we have for the cruise, even though planning to stay onboard for the duration. :)

May I ask why you have no plans to leave the ship in any port on a 14 day Caribbean cruise?

In the event you change your mind, you may wish to have cash for a taxi?

May I ask why you have no plans to leave the ship in any port on a 14 day Caribbean cruise?

In the event you change your mind, you may wish to have cash for a taxi?

My wife is handicapped and only one shore excursion was for disabled persons. As firs t time cruisers consider lots to explore onboard

We always bring at least $1500 in cash per week for ANY vacation....after all, if you need it, it's nice to have! We use our credit card for most things, so we rarely spend the cash...but if you need it....well, you know! Your bank will happily redeposit it upon your arrival back home!

There ARE ATMs everywhere.

So you don't need to carry a lot of CASH. But do have funds available. You might meet some people who will help you arrange handicap friendly excursions.

Or talk to the staff on board. They can be VERY helpful.

My wife is handicapped and only one shore excursion was for disabled persons. As firs t time cruisers consider lots to explore onboard

Thank you for responding tto a questtion that likely was not my business to ask and I apologize if it was offensive. I by no means intended that and was only wondering why someone would cruise and plan in advance tto rremain on tfhe ship. You are very correct you will find lots to explore on the ship. HaAL has lovely art on their ships, some times unusual furnishings Fabulous Stephen Card paintings that many of us here really appreciate.

MY VERY bes t wishes you and your DW have a wonderful cruise and find you like HAL and HAL crews, ships as much as so many of us do.

Enjoy you countdown until your cruise. :)

Thank you for responding tto a questtion that likely was not my business to ask and I apologize if it was offensive. I by no means intended that and was only wondering why someone would cruise and plan in advance tto rremain on the ship. You are very correct you will find lots to explore on the ship. HaAL has lovely art on the ship, some times unusual furnishings Fabulous Stephen Card paintings that many of us here really appreciate. MY VERY bes t wishes you and your DW have a wonderful cruise and find you like HAL and HAL crews, ships as much as so many of us do. Enjoy you countdown until your cruise. :)

Thanks to all for advice. Consider safer to take a little more than we think necesary and either save for next trip thus saving conversion fee. No offence taken on why not going ashore. There are limitations to what we can do but we are going to explore the ship from stem to stern.

Thanks to all for advice. Consider safer to take a little more than we think necessary and either save for next trip thus saving conversion fee. No offence taken on why not going ashore. There are limitations to what we can do but we are going to explore the ship from stem to stern.

Lots of people make a habit of taking fewer clothest hanthink hey will need and more money than think o they will u need. If you have a little exttra money left, how fun to put aside for the enxt vacation. :)

Have a really fun cruise and check out all parts off the ship that interests you. These ships are b ig :)

You may find your cabin steward helps you in little ways that make you and your dw more comfortable. They are quite intuitive and do little extra things for their guest s. If you find your steward helps you in nice extra ways, youmay wish to give a small exra tip more than the automaically charged hotel service charge or gratuity on the shipboard account. The choice for that is left to you.