Allure v. Harmony

I cruised on Allure about 4 years ago and loved the ship. I am now considering sailing on Harmony. From what I can tell, Harmony is a lot like Allure but with a few extra things. If anyone has sailed both and can offer a comparison or other feedback, it would be appreciated. One thing I loved about Allure was the layout and how spacious many of the public areas were; I'm hoping Harmony will offer that same feeling.

I cruised on Allure about 4 years ago and loved the ship. I am now considering sailing on Harmony. From what I can tell, Harmony is a lot like Allure but with a few extra things. If anyone has sailed both and can offer a comparison or other feedback, it would be appreciated. One thing I loved about Allure was the layout and how spacious many of the public areas were; I'm hoping Harmony will offer that same feeling.

We were on Allure 2015 and Harmony 3 times in 2016.

IMO the ships were very similar.

The main difference for us was the Nice DL on Allure was converted to the Wonderland restaurant on Harmony.

Allure was the first Oasis class ship we sailed. We loved it! We were on Harmony early this year and it is very similar as most of the sister ships are, change being in decor and in the latest ones, the additional restaurants and slides and such. We've sailed Oasis twice. Allure was still our favorite in this class and we're going back in 90 days:D. One plus for the Harmony is the show "Grease" .

Although they are referred to as sister ships and they certainly are in terms of size and number of passengers the Harmony is actually about 6 years newer and the technology reflects this. For instance the Sea Pass card is not inserted to enter your stateroom, but rather it is touched to the lock and the door will open. The stateroom also appears better organized and it seemed somewhat more functional to us...for instance the TV was mounted on the wall and not taking up desk space. There are other minor changes as well such as the location signs also showing outside temperature and humidity. The "look" of the Harmony is somewhat different than the Allure, but hard to explain. Also, if interested the Harmony has the robotic bar, although you can't use it for Diamond drinks.

We love the Allure but the Harmony adds that extra zing. We have sailed on the Allure or Oasis with our kids maybe 8ish times. So the Harmony added some newness to the otherwise fantastic ship.

For us the Harmony added fun - Competing with the kids on the new slides, hanging out with Mix and Mingle (the robot bartenders who are just fun to watch and people watch in that bar). There is also the escape room which has become somewhat controversial now that they are charging 20 per person. We did it when it was free. It was fine. Fun for a few of us but probably wouldn’t spend it for a big group

That being said I wouldn’t choose the Harmony over the Allure unless the dates and itinerary worked for me. Both are great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love the Allure but the Harmony adds that extra zing. We have sailed on the Allure or Oasis with our kids maybe 8ish times. So the Harmony added some newness to the otherwise fantastic ship.

For us the Harmony added fun - Competing with the kids on the new slides, hanging out with Mix and Mingle (the robot bartenders who are just fun to watch and people watch in that bar). There is also the escape room which has become somewhat controversial now that they are charging 20 per person. We did it when it was free. It was fine. Fun for a few of us but probably wouldn’t spend it for a big group

That being said I wouldn’t choose the Harmony over the Allure unless the dates and itinerary worked for me. Both are great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I added the escape room 2 weeks ago and it was 8 per person.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Been on all Oasis Class ships. Going back on Allure over Christmas. Loved the Layout of cabins on Harmony, waterslides, and wonderland. Love Diamond lounge on Allure, Giovanni’s blows Jamie’s away, pools are better (especially beach pool). All in all ships area all amazing and I could,literally live on them if my wife and kids would join me. BEST SHIPS AROUND!

I love the Oasis-class ships and have sailed on Oasis & Allure multiple times. We did Harmony last December and enjoyed how the overall ship was by and large similar to the two sisters but had a few unique features that stood out from the other two. As others have mentioned, the Solarium doesn't have a pool, but it has expanded to include the area known as the SunDeck on Oasis/Allure. Also, the addition of wet/dry slides (with the dry slides altering the view of the ocean on the Boardwalk, if that concerns you). My favorite Harmony change from Oasis/Allure is the updated hallway and stateroom decor which is a bit more classy and refined IMO. The staterooms have also been reconfigured to allow much more storage space. There are a few more small venue changes (which have been mentioned here) and minor design changes which really had no effect on our experience. We are going back on Allure in a few short weeks but I don't feel like I am missing out by not being on Harmony. While I do happen to prefer the stateroom design on H, I am perfectly fine with Allure too!

Been on all Oasis Class ships. Going back on Allure over Christmas. Loved the Layout of cabins on Harmony, waterslides, and wonderland. Love Diamond lounge on Allure, Giovanni’s blows Jamie’s away, pools are better (especially beach pool). All in all ships area all amazing and I could,literally live on them if my wife and kids would join me. BEST SHIPS AROUND!

We will see you onboard! We are also on the Allure over Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Allure in my opinion is finished nicer. The Boardwalk is a lot nicer and not just because there is no "Horrific Abyss" Also solarium is much nicer and there is a proper comedy club. The building standard just looks better overall IMO.

However, better cabin layout & the few extra slides and Wonderland on Harmony.

Overall I prefer Allure although it is a very close call.