Do you have to do online check in?

So, do you have to do the online check in? If I don't end up doing it, is it a big deal?

It is a good idea to do it before you arrive at the pier. It just helps you to get on the ship faster. It also gets you in the front door easier as well! It is simple and painless so I suggest doing it.

If you are not computer savvy it is no walk in the park. The RCL guy has told it is not really necessary. But if you have a few thousands at the checkin counter every person that don't checkin online just makes the others wait a few minutes longer.

I thought you were required to complete at least 4 days in advance. The cruise line must submit it's manifest to Homeland security a certain number of days in advance. I would double check. If you have a TA they could do it for you.

I thought you were required to complete at least 4 days in advance. The cruise line must submit it's manifest to Homeland security a certain number of days in advance. I would double check. If you have a TA they could do it for you.

If you want to do the check-in, you are must do it at least 3 (or 4) days in advance. After that, you lose access to that particular website page. However it's still optional. The cruise line can still submit a manifest of everyone who is booked, and modify the manifest after check-in is complete.

Ok, you all convinced me. I scheduled a phone call with my traveling companion tonight so we can fill out the necessary information. We sail on Sunday!!

Good, you will save the most time just gaining entry into the terminal!

I stand corrected about it being required. But just do it. For the ships that now have people with the tablets checking you in if you haven't done it they can't you check in with them but you have to go to a line. Those set sail passes even allow you to buy drinks on board until you get your sea pass cards which are in your stateroom, not at check in.