Travel insurance from UK

Can anyone recommend a compay they use? I normally book an annual family policy but I will need cruise cover for our first cruise in April.

I'm not sure these will work in the UK, but these are where we look for travel insurance policies:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

www.tripinsurancestore.com

I use Covercloud. I always start by using the comparison sites like compare the market, or go compare and put in my details and see the results and choose from there, not necessarily choosing the cheapest quote but the one that fits my exact needs.

Aviva.

We once had an awful illness that led to one of our party being taken off the ship and spent about three weeks in hospital in Salerno this led to a massive hospital claim this was and we were three days into a twelve night Mediterranean cruise.

Aviva paid every last penny without question and made arrangements for us to be flown home and arranged private transport from our U.K. airport back home.

I might add that the port agent in Salerno looked after us very well we would perhaps have been lost without him.

Use the well known comparison sites and use a cash back site to purchase once you know cheapest. Assuming you are making 2 trips of some form in year annual policy is usually cheaper than trip insurance.

This year on American Express. Previous years Aviva, Debenhams, Holiday Extras and various others.

Make sure your policy covers cruises not all do.

If you're talking about purchasing travel insurance FROM the UK to travel elsewhere, I'd personally recommend InsureandGo. If you need big coverage then purchase from their website direct -- you can add cruise cover.

If you don't need a huge amount of cover in terms of cancellation coverage, check out their coverage via the comparison website 'GoCompare' as they sell a version called 'InsureandGo Light'. It is a much less expensive version if you don't have a very expensive trip.

When we started sailing in suites we moved to the full-version but before we just used the Light version as our trips weren't very expensive. They do single trips and annual, as well as solo / couples / family. We've been a customer with them for ohhhh I don't know, 7 or 8 years? We've claimed three times, each time it was fairly painless to claim (twice for medical reasons and one time for delayed trip).

We use justtravelcover.com as we need to cover pre-existing medical conditions. Some of the quotes were outrageous, but these were reasonably priced. We just have to book more holidays to get our money's worth.

We take out the Annual cover which includes Cruise Cover.

We use justtravelcover.com as we need to cover pre-existing medical conditions. Some of the quotes were outrageous, but these were reasonably priced. We just have to book more holidays to get our money's worth.

We take out the Annual cover which includes Cruise Cover.

Make sure is using similar book via a cash back site. 12.6% cash back available for this travel insurance company at moment.

If not familiar with how cash back site works look at the well known site ran by Martin Lewis or if you need any advice on buying insurance and getting the best deal.

Can anyone recommend a compay they use? I normally book an annual family policy but I will need cruise cover for our first cruise in April.

Check with your present provider, see what they can offer as an add on, may not be as expensive as taking on a new policy.

Does your bank offer anything with their accounts, I get cover with Lloyds.

If you're talking about purchasing travel insurance FROM the UK to travel elsewhere, I'd personally recommend InsureandGo. If you need big coverage then purchase from their website direct -- you can add cruise cover.

If you don't need a huge amount of cover in terms of cancellation coverage, check out their coverage via the comparison website 'GoCompare' as they sell a version called 'InsureandGo Light'. It is a much less expensive version if you don't have a very expensive trip.

When we started sailing in suites we moved to the full-version but before we just used the Light version as our trips weren't very expensive. They do single trips and annual, as well as solo / couples / family. We've been a customer with them for ohhhh I don't know, 7 or 8 years? We've claimed three times, each time it was fairly painless to claim (twice for medical reasons and one time for delayed trip).

second vote for Insure and Go :-)

A heads up, tripinsurancestore.com cannot write for non-US residents.

My GF is a non-US resident, so I could not purchase through them, even though I have had good experiences with them in the past.