**LIVE REPORT** Oasis of the Seas, December 3, 2017

gingersvp

I'm awake. Barely. This espresso machine officially defeated me. I could not figure it out.

Turns out it was unplugged. Then it spat out a ton of weak espresso that overflowed the cup. I mean it's really terrible espresso and I'm super ready for my room service to show up with real coffee.

Of course, I'm a bit rough from last night. More to come when my thoughts clear and my brain functions but I found Cats to be delightful and I was surprised at how many turned in before midnight.

6ed6724c0408f5eb287b36b2c287a615.jpg

Yesterday and today have been a whirlwind of activity. After boarding yesterday we stopped in to Sabor for lunch. I was deeply disappointed with the food, although the service was spot on. The place was empty except for one larger table - and it turned out the Captain was dining with those very special VIPS. The guacamole was outstanding but the rest of the food was not great and none of us finished our meals.

After the obligatory and uneventful muster it was time to get the wine and beer flowing. Since we had another hour or so before our dinner reservations at Coastal Kitchen, we ventured over to the Champagne bar. The Elderflower mixed drink I ordered was far too sweet for my taste, so I decided to switch to some straight bubbly.

We then ventured off to Coastal Kitchen, and the Florida coastline came back into view. Before dinner my outstanding husband got our Toddler Beast down for a nap ::finally:: and she snoozed alongside us throughout dinner. Made for a very enjoyable meal.

She then woke up just in time to catch the first act of Cats.

Let's talk about Cats for a bit. I know that Cats is a hotly debated topic around here, maybe not as much as tipping or shorts in the dining room, but up there. I love live theater and I love the music of Andrew Lloyd Weber. I'd been wanting to see this show ever since I learned how to play Memory on the piano, back in high school.

I think that if I hadn't seen all the conversations here about it, I would have been highly confused by the show. Since I came in with some changed expectations I really just sat back and enjoyed the singing and dancing. My past experience is that cruise shows tend to be local, small town performance level but I found this show to be touring broadway show caliber. I was really, really impressed.

As most report, many, many, many did not return for the 2nd act - which is a real shame. It was even better than the first act. My daughter decided she was "all done" and the Hubs took her back to the room so that I could finish the show.

After the show, Amanda and I made a series of poor decisions resulting in far too much wine and late night meanderings around the ship. I was quite frankly, super suprised at how empty the ship was. Shortly before midnight we ventured back to the room, only to discover that Hazel was partying like a rock star. My husband and I took her back out for a walk in the stroller in dismal hopes that she'd finally go for a snooze.

I think that she finally gave up around 2am, but honeslty I was already asleep. My husband was the REAL MPV last night.

I also would like more info on how you feel about Star Class and who your Genie is. We sail in 2br ATS on the Oasis on 12/24/17. We just got our questionnaire today, now we are excited to hear from our Genie. They say that should be about 2 weeks before our cruise.

I'll follow up when we're off the ship on the Star experience and our genie. I want to get the full week first, but thus far we're very happy. There have been a few things I was surprised weren't included and then a few, eh I should just ask and was surprised it happened.

We have Joyce, we haven't seen her much today but she's been super responsive on email and made things happen which is honestly even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Following along as we will sail Oasis December 17.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take a picture of the beer prices.

Thank you and have a great cruise.:D

Next time I'm at Globe and Atlas I will! Beers there were in the $7-$9 range.

It’s really rocking and rolling today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is! We were on the bridge tour and they told us they had the stabilizers out. Waves around 8 feet and winds at 37 knots. Apparently very unusual.