**LIVE REPORT** Oasis of the Seas, December 3, 2017

gingersvp

Wow, I'm glad that just happened. I now have ALL our travel documents together.

The plan for tomorrow is that I will be dropping older boys to my mom, aka Super Grammy, then shooting over to my aunt's, aka Mother of the Bride, to collect her. My aunt and mother in law (The Judester) will be riding over to Port Canaveral with my hubs, daughter and me. Our friend Amanda has scooted off to Disney with my cousin, her fiancee and a group of his friends flying in from Portland.

Our biggest concern right now is if we're able to actually fit all of our luggage into the back of our Honda Pilot. We'll have the 3rd row folded down, but we are talking several females worth of over-packing going on over here. I have a luggage rack sitting here in the house, patiently waiting for my husband to arrive home and install it. Just in case. We've made no plans for tomorrow other than getting to Port Canaveral and checking into our hotel. We're on the west coast of Florida and I figure that just packing up the car, dispersing my kids and collecting my aunt, then going cross the state will likely take the entire day.

We are ALL very wound up so the car ride should be quite lively.

Time to CHILL, have a glass of wine, and don't forget your toothbrush and underwear......for some reason the two things people forget!:')

I'm on glass number 2 already. Underwear are packed and I own 2 toothbrushes precisely so I can pack one the night before. :') However, arriving without the toddler's birth certificate would have been bad news indeed. I should scan a copy for just in case.

We're so stoked! Hope to see you around.

Well you shouldn't be too hard to miss. I'm red-haired, my daughter has gorgeous ringlets and my husband is bearded. Honestly we're not too difficult to pick out of a crowd ourselves.

Our balcony is in your photos! We're on deck 9.

We are headed to St. Thomas (originall St. Marteen, but the dock isn't ready for the large lady right now), San Juan and Labadee. We don't have any excursions booked - we actually have friends to meet up with in both San Juan and St. Thomas. My husband and I HAVE booked the zip line at Labadee and that should be a blast.

I don't mind an older average age - I've lived in Florida my entire life.

My family sailed on the Allure in May. We all did the zip line in Labadee and LOVED it. I confess that I was nervous after reading the specs, but it was such a thrill!! We'd absolutely do it again. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well we made it safe and sound to Cape Canaveral and are happily ensconced in the Residence Inn. My hubs ran out for take out Thai and we had a quiet dinner in our room. The drive over was quiet and uneventful...the best kind.

Lady Stormageddon, aka the Haze Beast, aka Hazel is happily bubble bathing.

None of our gang got much sleep last night and I hope it helps us all tuck in early and sleep soundly.

Not much else to report at this time. So far so good with this hotel but I'll post a final opinion after breakfast and checkout.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We sail in Sept. will be following your review. Smooth sailing.

What's a genie?

The genie is like a personal concierge. There are only something like 11 cabins on the ship with this service. This will be my first sailing in this type of suite, so we're all pretty excited about it.

I'm awake and cannot sleep. My Fitbit tells me I managed 6 hours of sleep, which is honestly better than my average of the past week.

I'm up and attempting to make coffee. So the thing about me and coffee is that I'm a firm believer that anyone who hasn't yet had coffee should never be responsible for making coffee. I always seem to come up with new and inventive ways to screw it up. Which is why my husband makes it for me at home. At the moment, however, he's blissfully sleeping and I'm taking a stab at it myself.

The room has a full size coffee pot but is only equipped with a coffee pod. Past screw ups remind me that the pod likely doesn't make a full pot and I'm proud to say I actually had enough clarity of thought to flip it over and read that it makes 4 cups.

A few minutes later I have a burning smell and no coffee. Some frantic jiggling shows me the lid wasn't on right and the coffee couldn't drop into the pot. I've freed the coffee now but it still isn't lines up and the liquid inside is suspiciously not the right color.

df6ba429647a3064050a62c00eeef4c0.jpg

I really should not have tried this.

Looks like a fantastic weather day for sailaway! Looking at Oasis on the webcam. Will be set to watch her sailaway at 4:30 PM.

Doesn’t the hotel have coffee in the lobby? 🙄

Ultimately, that's what I did. But I like being able to grab a cup in the room before having to get dressed and all that nonsense. Especially at 5 am when everyone else in the room is sleeping.

Stop at Starbucks; The carpet will be better and it will be easier. It’s so nice that you have parents will watch your other two at home. That makes traveling so much easier. I think my teenage boys would revolt if I ever left them behind. That said they’re lucky that the only time I’m able to travel is during their same school vacations, due to work. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stop at Starbucks; The carpet will be better and it will be easier. It’s so nice that you have parents will watch your other two at home. That makes traveling so much easier. I think my teenage boys would revolt if I ever left them behind. That said they’re lucky that the only time I’m able to travel is during their same school vacations, due to work. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really really wish I had them with us this trip. They are just too close to midterms and it would be such a problem for them to miss at this time. I'm so thankful my parents are able to help so that we could attend my cousin's wedding. I don't like traveling without then though!