**LIVE REPORT** Oasis of the Seas, December 3, 2017

gingersvp

Well, well it's finally 10pm and all the kiddos are in bed. I still haven't managed to tackle any packing, but largely in thanks to my marvelous mother in law, The Judester, at least we have plowed through 2 more loads of laundry. We're all checked in with Set Sail Passes printed. The Judester gratefully helped with laundry because I helped with her login and check in. I definitely came out ahead on that deal.

Tonight my 15 year old had his choral performance. While the timing isn't fantastic, the performance absolutely was. I'm feeling guilty again about leaving my boys behind but then I remind myself that we DID just book the Anthem for right after school lets out in May. The show was so spectacular that my 11 year old has now decided he'd like to play the piano because he'd like to be musical but not in competition or compared to his brother.

With my husband still living it up in Vegas (no really, it's a conference) I'm definitely weary of flying solo-ish (The Judester is definitely a huge help) and ready for my husband to be home and vacation to begin. One more work day and then play time begins.

My brain keeps circling back on packing because I just can't stop obsessing over it until it's done. I've spent a LOT of mental energy figuring out what I want to bring and wear. I may or may not have a spreadsheet packing list that keeps getting edited. Quite honestly I'm not normally this wound up about what to bring but with my cousin's wedding happening it's just more complex. My cousins are all very beautiful women with a strong sense of style and flair. I tend to dress simpler but just this once I don't want to be the frumpy add on. There have been multiple shopping trips, crazy hat purchases and the most expensive bathing suit I've ever purchased. So, unusually for me, expect to see me in a new dress every evening.

I've spent far too many hours watching YouTubers 'must haves' packing videos and really feel like Miss Crystal is who I want to be when I grow up . But, let's face it, I'll never be as pulled together as she is. I particularly like her 'must haves' video although I don't necessarily need all the same things. Here's her video though (I find her simply charming):

Alrighty then, off to re-watch to 2 videos available on YouTube of the deck 9 Aqua Theater suites on Oasis. It's surprising how few videos I've been able to find of the cabins that interest me. I tell myself I'll make a new video, but it's entirely possible I'll be too lost in the moment to grab a good one. I mean, I AM chasing a rather opinionated 2 year old around.

046b06664462c1dc82ccea1e3fa47989.jpg

Also my ridiculous hat purchase as I attempted to develop some style. I failed but I am totally wearing it anyways.

This redhead says you look awesome in that hat! I follow Miss Crystal, too, although she does like Princess best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When did the genie send the questionnaire. How far out from cruise did the genie contact you about shows and meals choices.

The questionnaire came about 6 weeks before and I am pretty sure the genie didn't read it. They're sort of silly questions that honestly have very little bearing on the cruise itself.

Mary Joyce first emailed me about 3 weeks before - I was surprised at how early that was. She gave me a general overview of her services and asked about what was important to us to do. A few days later she replied with a draft itinerary with meal and show reservations. We've made a couple changes since then. She has always responded within a few days and apologized for delayed responses. Since I know she's busy with her clients on the ship, I certainly did not expect same day responses from her about these types of things and my inquiries were not of an urgent matter.

The questionnaire came about 6 weeks before and I am pretty sure the genie didn't read it. They're sort of silly questions that honestly have very little bearing on the cruise itself.

Mary Joyce first emailed me about 3 weeks before - I was surprised at how early that was. She gave me a general overview of her services and asked about what was important to us to do. A few days later she replied with a draft itinerary with meal and show reservations. We've made a couple changes since then. She has always responded within a few days and apologized for delayed responses. Since I know she's busy with her clients on the ship, I certainly did not expect same day responses from her about these types of things and my inquiries were not of an urgent matter.

Just wondering, We leave on 12/17/17 and havent heard a thing from nobody. No questionnaire or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lunch time on my last working day and I cannot wait to get home and finally finish packing. Should have some packing photo updates for those of you that like to obsess about those types of things (like me).

My poor house-sitter is dealing with me emailing her all sorts of last minute thoughts. I really should make some sort of template so that I can give her one final document each trip because these things really don't change all that much. I mean, really, how often has your garbage day changed?

We don't have young children. In our case, it's the cats. Take them out, they jump back in. Repeat 20 times.......:o

The cats also graced my luggage with their presence more than once. It's just too tempting.

I thought I was finished but I just realized I've forgotten my ridiculous hat, which would just be criminal.

Stephanie, your daughter is adorable! My husband, Art, and I are also on your sailing. We took this ship last December and it blew us away. Having had around 25 cruises, about half on RCI, our first time on this class of ship spoiled me for any other class. We also are near the Aqua Theatre, but in a balcony on deck 12. We can see the aqua shows from our balcony and can see the ocean beyond the theatre! We love the layout of this ship. So much to do, and so many restaurants, yet so much common area that things never seem crowded. We are in GA for the night and will have four more hours tomorrow- we drove down from Nashville. Hope to meet you onboard!

Marcy

Stephanie, your daughter is adorable! My husband, Art, and I are also on your sailing. We took this ship last December and it blew us away. Having had around 25 cruises, about half on RCI, our first time on this class of ship spoiled me for any other class. We also are near the Aqua Theatre, but in a balcony on deck 12. We can see the aqua shows from our balcony and can see the ocean beyond the theatre! We love the layout of this ship. So much to do, and so many restaurants, yet so much common area that things never seem crowded. We are in GA for the night and will have four more hours tomorrow- we drove down from Nashville. Hope to meet you onboard!

Marcy

Hi Marcy! Hope we'll get to meet you onboard as well. I'm really quite excited about Oasis and have long been intrigued by her. I'm a bit bored with the Caribbean but was so pleased when my cousin decided to book Oasis for her wedding. The crowded feeling on ships is what has deterred me from cruising for a while but I hear over and over again that these ships have enough space for everyone.

Hi Marcy! Hope we'll get to meet you onboard as well. I'm really quite excited about Oasis and have long been intrigued by her. I'm a bit bored with the Caribbean but was so pleased when my cousin decided to book Oasis for her wedding. The crowded feeling on ships is what has deterred me from cruising for a while but I hear over and over again that these ships have enough space for everyone.

They really do. Like any ship, there are times and spots that can have traffic, but the majority of the time, you never feel the amount of people that are really there.

Well now, I'm packed. At least I think I am. I have my morning list of things not to forget and have added the ridiculous hat to that list. Lady Stormageddon has finally succumbed to sleep. I promise this entire review won't revolve around her, but with my hubs out of town and her demanding front and center of my attention, well, she's heavy on the mind at the moment.

The Hubs should be waltzing through our front door somewhere in the 2am hour. I'm not taking pity on him in the AM though because 1. He chose to stay the extra day in Vegas and 2. He probably slept the entire flight and will still sleep more hours than me and 3. He told me I didn't have to.

The 24 hours before I leave my house on a trip I'll admit that I become a bit unbearable. I'm a walking ball of nerves that constantly worries I'll forget something, despite my lists, spreadsheets, folders and over-organization. This probably has something to do with the first cruise I took with my older boys (my one and only RC cruise) whereby I brought 2 birth certificates for 1 boy and none for the other.

I KNOW, I KNOW a passport is better but a dead beat dad situation made obtaining their passports difficult.

I was quite lucky in that I knew EXACTLY where it was, my sister actually answered the phone and RC graciously accepted the faxed copy.

OMG this reminds me I didn't grab Hazel's travel documents...BRB