No more crew talent show in theater?

fstuff1

On Pearl in July....the crew talent show was still in the theater at that time. Might be just a lack of crew volunteers or talent on the Gem?

surprised if it was. there was lots of practice time.

i was on the 11/21/2017 sailing.

the sailing before (11/10) was canceled due to azipod issues and the Gem was stranded in Barbados for a week.

the ship was empty of passengers. they were either flown out on NCL's dime or put up in hotels for those who couldnt fly till parts were flown in and the repairs were completed.

so with lots of downtime, i would have expected the new hotel director to encourage his staff to practice for the crew talent show.

We were on the Peal over Thanksgiving, and there was a crew talent show in the theatre. However, there were only 5-6 acts. If I'd known it was going to be that short, I doubt we would have attended. I don't relish my toes being stepped on by latecomers.

...........so with lots of downtime, i would have expected the new hotel director to encourage his staff to practice for the crew talent show....

If I were management on the ship during that time period I would have encouraged all the crew to take some time off, relax, go see the sights and unwind from their jobs. Lord knows the deserve and have earned it. NCL ships have great entertainment. No one cruises NCL to just see the crew talent show.

On the BA 4 weeks ago, the crew's talent show was short but it was held in the auditorium ... oops, I meant, the theater with the low ceiling. Out of 1,400+ crew onboard during that sailing (apparently not fully staffed due to vacation & home-leave during off season) - they only managed to put on 4 or 5 crew members to demo their talents, 2 were trainees from China ... think they're from housekeeping. It followed Deal or No Deal so there was a captive audience, with Bingo immediately following - it didn't last very long, I think we spent more time walking over, sitting & waiting than the actual performing.

DW and I look at each other afterward with the expression of ..."hmmm, that's it". Well, the audience was appreciative of the efforts and it was free ... no reservations needed, LOL.

Not much talent onboard that got showcased -

Gem (11/2017)

Now it's crew singing in atrium, backed by the Gem musicians.

Anyone know why it was changed?

I liked the crew variety show.

on our cruise on the Pearl last month they still had the show. we didn't attend this time cause we had other plans, but they did have it.