Uber at Ft Lauderdale port...better than Taxi?

Gatormomma

Same here in UK. Most of Uber do not know the way to go, numerous accidents and surge prices. In fact, here in London, they were surging 3/4 times the usual fare during our three terrorist attacks this year. Meanwhile the London black cabs were giving free rides o terrified residents to get them clear of danger. Uber were slated here by the media for this.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Forums mobile app

Use Uber every time I am in Florida...have met some really nice people! Cheap and no rip offs like the taxi drivers. Cannot tell you how many arguments I have had with those taxi drivers. Young lady took us to the airport at 4:30 am ,hoisted our bags like the were paper....taxi drivers barely get out of the car sometimes to help with bags. We love Uber!

Reader

Same here in UK. Most of Uber do not know the way to go, numerous accidents and surge prices. In fact, here in London, they were surging 3/4 times the usual fare during our three terrorist attacks this year. Meanwhile the London black cabs were giving free rides o terrified residents to get them clear of danger. Uber were slated here by the media for this.

Just to add, surge pricing kicks in automatically and was switched off by Uber as soon as they became aware of the attack. They also declared that all bookings were free in the immediate vicinity of the attack.

Just saying like it is in London. Transport for London refused to renew Uber London licence on the 30 September 2017 as Uber London 'is not fit and proper to hold a Private Hire Operator Licence. Numerous reasons are then quoted. These can be read on the TFL site under Licensing Decision On Uber London Limited' - too numerous to quote here.. This is why we have a worry about using them here.

FLL Taxi story:

Got a taxi from FLL airport to Embassy Suites. Driver asked the address. I started to look it up on my iPhone, but he said he could look it up. At end of ride he charged me $10.00 for address lookup.

FLL Uber story: Called UBER from pub on 17th street to take me to Best Western by airport. He was there in two minutes. I asked how he got there so quick and he said he hangs out in the parking lot. After I got to hotel I found I had dropped my billfold in his car. I panicked and called another Uber to take me back to the pub, thinking he might be there. On the way, I saw in my iPhone what to do if I leave something behind. I called a number. In a few moments the Uber driver called me back. The billfold was on the back seat. He picked me up at the pub and took me back to the hotel.