Key West as first re-entry port in the U.S.

lastlook

Itinerary:

Port Everglades - Embarkation

Half Moon Cay

Sea Day

Grand Cayman

Cozumel

Sea Day

Key West

Port Everglades - Disembarkation

Are there U.S. Customs formalities in Key West, or the usual clearance upon disembarkation the next day back in Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades? We've been to Key West as a port of call before but it was our first port of call after sail-away from Tampa. Wondering how things work with the itinerary that I've listed above? TIA

There will be Customs clearance in Key West, and then Immigration clearance back in PEV.
:confused: Don't you have that backwards? IIRC when arriving in KW we had an Immigration check which was a quick walk-through the Queens Lounge where our passports were checked and our key-cards were punched, and we were then allowed to go ashore. The next day in FLL we did the Customs clearance where we turned in the form declaring what foreign-purchased goods we were bringing back into the country. Edited by catl331

There will be Customs clearance in Key West, and then Immigration clearance back in PEV.

I think you have that backwards, Immigration in Key West and Customs in Ft. Lauderdale. What I'm wondering is about the process in Ft. Lauderdale in that case. In November I disembarked the Prinsendam as my first US port. My passport was checked but there was no customs form and no questions about what I was bringing. If you're really lucky it could be as easy as picking up your bags and walking through a "nothing to declare" passage.

Roy

:confused: Don't you have that backwards? IIRC when arriving in KW we had an Immigration check which was a quick walk-through the Queens Lounge where our passports were checked and our key-cards were punched, and we were then allowed to go ashore. The next day in FLL we did the Customs clearance where we turned in the form declaring what foreign-purchased goods we were bringing back into the country.

We did that same itineary and my meeory is we had Immigration check in Key West. Of course, ICE can change whatever inspecttions they want/ when and where. Just having it in Key West does not guaranttee they will not do another Immigration check next dday in PEV

:confused: Don't you have that backwards? IIRC when arriving in KW we had an Immigration check which was a quick walk-through the Queens Lounge where our passports were checked and our key-cards were punched, and we were then allowed to go ashore. The next day in FLL we did the Customs clearance where we turned in the form declaring what foreign-purchased goods we were bringing back into the country.
We did that same itineary and my memeory is we had Immigration check in key wesst. Of course, ICE can change whatever inspectsions they want/ when and where. Just having it in Key West does not guarantee they will not do another Immigration check next day in PEV

We had immigration in Key West -- walked through the Queen's Lounge. They punched our ID card as proof that we had gone through immigration.

We were on a Collector's Cruise and the next day was Ft Lauderdale. We had to go through immigration again!!!

There were quite a few of us staying over and it was a mob scene in the terminal. Many of us complained and a special meeting was held for those of us who stayed over and we were told that they were going to talk to the port officials about that situation. It was suppose to change for future Collector Cruise passengers. I think it did -- for a while.

Yes you go through Immigration at Key West since it is your first USA port after leaving the USA.

Keith

Just did it on Eurodam. Took 2 minutes and walked off ship after going through customs