Doctors note / special need department ?

LMaxwell

On the next cruise we have an elderly person that likes to bring a small supply of their own water to mix medication they need in the cabin. Is there a doctors note needed or special needs email we should contact first?

On the next cruise we have an elderly person that likes to bring a small supply of their own water to mix medication they need in the cabin. Is there a doctors note needed or special needs email we should contact first?

In order to bring water aboard they need to have permission noted on their documents. Contact the Access dept through accessdesk@ncl.com or by phoning 866-584-9756.

Unless there is something special about the water the use, this request will likely be denied. But you can contact special needs and explain the situation. If distilled water is needed I believe ncl will provide it with a doctors note. If it’s bottled water then I think they will simply advise them that it’s available for purchase onboard. If it’s not special water, there’s perfectly fine tap water available in the cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In order to bring water aboard they need to have permission noted on their documents. Contact the Access dept through accessdesk@ncl.com or by phoning 866-584-9756.

Thanks for the information. I don't know if it is some sort of specialized water that may or may not be available onboard. I'm just here to get the contact info and be the middleman.

Thanks for the information. I don't know if it is some sort of specialized water that may or may not be available onboard. I'm just here to get the contact info and be the middleman.

Thanks for helping your friend, but...

to help them out, it would be valuable to understand what type of "special water" they need.

I was able to get distilled water for my son's cpap without any doctor's note. Try without bothering your doctor first.

Having a CPAP medical device is completely different from simply wanting their own water to mix with medicine. Most posts said nothing about a Drs note, just the need to contact Access Desk.

I was able to get distilled water for my son's cpap without any doctor's note. Try without bothering your doctor first.

The OP has not indicated what kind of water they need. Distilled or not.

As to the distilled water for CPAP - it is a bit of overkill since the ship's water is a result of a "distilling" process. Even normal water is okay for a CPAP, but not good long term due to mineral deposits.

In my case, after using a CPAP for maybe 8 years and preparing for a 3 week RTW flight(s), I discovered I did well without the humidifier and have dropped it all together.

To those who dealt with the special needs department before.. How long it takes to get a response to an e-mail?

I sent an e-mail 4 days ago, still waiting for a response. I know I can call but prefer an e-mail.

I've been getting my email responses back from the access department the same day.

The OP has not indicated what kind of water they need. Distilled or not.

As to the distilled water for CPAP - it is a bit of overkill since the ship's water is a result of a "distilling" process. Even normal water is okay for a CPAP, but not good long term due to mineral deposits. .

Not all drinking water is distilled on a ship, they may take in municipal water. And the distilled water gets calcium carbonate and chlorine added. I think both are good reasons not to rely on water from the sink for a CPAP.

Not all drinking water is distilled on a ship, they may take in municipal water. And the distilled water gets calcium carbonate and chlorine added. I think both are good reasons not to rely on water from the sink for a CPAP.

True. Bathroom tap water actually has some chlorine in it.

That is why we don't use it for hubby's CPAP. We get distilled water by contacting Access desk before cruise.