Princess transfer to Heathrow via Windsor

georgiacat

I looked at the Princess transfer from our ship (Royal) to Heathrow via Windsor after our British Isles cruise next August. The transfer states that it is for reservations after 4 pm. Our flight leaves at 3:25 pm. If anyone here has taken that particular transfer (1/2 day), what time did you get to Heathrow? Would we be able to make our flight?

Also wondering if a transfer with Smiths for Airports would take us by Windsor and if that would be a good deal? Better time wise, money?

Also considering we may be too tired to do any more touring and had enough of castles and gardens. Anyone who has done the British Isles cruise with a transfer tour the day of flight departure, could I please have your thoughts? Thank you.

My thought is allow three hours at Heathrow. You would have to arrive by 12:30. The drive time Southampton is between 1 and 1 1/2 hours.

You can contact Smiths for Airports and see if they can arrange the trip you want. You would most likely have to pay wait time. If you departed Southampton by 8:30 or so you could have a few hours in Windsor. You will be very tired.

Thank you for the replies. I contacted Smiths a month ago about other transportation between airport and seaport. They responded to check back 6 months from cruise that it was too early to give out quotes. I will contact them again in February.

I read about someone else's tour to Windsor and thought that it might be interesting since our plane leaves a little late. I like to plan far in advance, so just thinking so far.

We took the Windsor excursion, had a 4:00 flight out of LHR and docked in Dover (further than Southampton) and made our flight with time to spare (and we were the last terminal drop off). We very much enjoyed the visit, although it's fairly rushed. You may not have enough time to do everything.

Having said that, this was in 2016 and security may take longer now.

Windsor is well worth a visit, if you have time. London Heathrow has five terminals so worth checking which terminal your flight departs from. For a transatlantic flight I would allow for a three hour check-in. Southampton to Windsor should be around one hour thirty, but in the summer and with Legoland Windsor as well opening around 10.00 a.m. ...... Really depends on the time you could leave the ship. Windsor could easily keep your interest for five hours, but three hours better than none as long as you have the time. Keep us posted!

I looked at the Princess transfer from our ship (Royal) to Heathrow via Windsor after our British Isles cruise next August. The transfer states that it is for reservations after 4 pm. Our flight leaves at 3:25 pm. If anyone here has taken that particular transfer (1/2 day), what time did you get to Heathrow? Would we be able to make our flight?

Also wondering if a transfer with Smiths for Airports would take us by Windsor and if that would be a good deal? Better time wise, money?

Also considering we may be too tired to do any more touring and had enough of castles and gardens. Anyone who has done the British Isles cruise with a transfer tour the day of flight departure, could I please have your thoughts? Thank you.

Hello georgiacat,

May I suggest something that worked very nicely for us?

We have done this twice with trans-Atlantic (west to east) cruises and it has worked beautifully. We have booked a hotel inside of Heathrow (Sofitel) so we are left off at the terminal from the tour and walk straight into the hotel to catch our flight sometime after the cruise. As I don't know about your availability of dates or the specifics of your cruise, I really can't say that it could work for you. We like this tour very much and have found that a day or two or three or four in the hotel helps us wind down from the cruise and also allows us to visit the many other interesting sites (and friends) in England. The terminal is right on the underground so getting in and out of the city of London is a breeze.