Currency of tips onboard

adstz

Agree, that is why I like the mini suites on Princess, shower over bath, more room to move.:p

For the record. I have never found the space in stateroom showers on board to be that restrictive.

I do not like 'shower over bath' arrangements anywhere I go .. at home, or on land or seas.

I have slipped and injured myself while stepping out of an over bath shower.

I think that a similar arrangement on a turbulent/rolling deck just lends itself to an impending world of hurt.

If I ever felt a massive need for 'room to move' while bathing I would go to the showers in the Lotus Spa and fling my arms around throwing Nigerian dollars until my arms dropped off.

If I ever felt a massive need for 'room to move' while bathing I would go to the showers in the Lotus Spa and fling my arms around throwing Nigerian dollars until my arms dropped off.

I am not sure the staff would know what to do with that.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone really cares about the final answer -

We tipped in USD and received hugs and handshakes and thank you's. It was greatly appreciated by Noel (steward) and Reynauld (waiter - who was going home the day our cruise ended) and assistant waiter who's name I can't recall.

I am not sure the staff would know what to do with that.:cool:

I am sure the spa staff would accept Nigerian dollars as tips, plenty needed though.

But indeed, one does need to be careful stepping out of ye olde bath/shower combo. Many hotels, both here and abroad have that sort of arrangement.:hearteyes:

Just in case anyone really cares about the final answer -

We tipped in USD and received hugs and handshakes and thank you's. It was greatly appreciated by Noel (steward) and Reynauld (waiter - who was going home the day our cruise ended) and assistant waiter who's name I can't recall.

Thanks for closing the loop on this adstz.

We always tip our room steward and waiter in USD. We also try to do it inconspicuously so they don't have to share with others.

The Matire'D and Head Waiters would snatch that off the hardworking table waitstaff.:evilsmile: But would it go into the tipping pool or their own skyrockets? :evilsmile:

Probably worth about 80c Aust.

Novelty value about $3.