MSC Seaside Bar Menus

ashley@cruisecritic

My agent said that MSC USA will upgrade us from Classic to Deluxe for $112USD per person for the week that we are on Seaside. That seems a little expensive. I'll have to check the menus to see if that is worth it because we could probably just stay with the classic package and get about 25 premium drinks at the bars as cash purchases. I just wanted the deluxe package for some scotch.

My agent said that MSC USA will upgrade us from Classic to Deluxe for $112USD per person for the week that we are on Seaside. That seems a little expensive. I'll have to check the menus to see if that is worth it because we could probably just stay with the classic package and get about 25 premium drinks at the bars as cash purchases. I just wanted the deluxe package for some scotch.

I would double check that....I called MSC directly the other day and was told it was $112 for both adults in cabin, not each of us to upgrade from classic to deluxe.

I would double check that....I called MSC directly the other day and was told it was $112 for both adults in cabin, not each of us to upgrade from classic to deluxe.

$112 for both adults would be awesome but $112 each kind of make sense. That seems to be the price difference between the two packages for 7 days. $45/day classic vs $61/day for deluxe is $112 per week per person.

I have the Aurea experience with my wife and family. I will be the only one participating in the drinking. I know that you have to upgrade all of you want to upgrade to the premium package, my question is can you pay the upgrade amount for each drink if you want premium? Or do you have to pay for the whole drink. I’m trying to decide if I am better off to just pay the difference as we go or spend the $112.

I have the Aurea experience with my wife and family. I will be the only one participating in the drinking. I know that you have to upgrade all of you want to upgrade to the premium package, my question is can you pay the upgrade amount for each drink if you want premium? Or do you have to pay for the whole drink. I’m trying to decide if I am better off to just pay the difference as we go or spend the $112.

You would have to pay for the entire drink.

That is definitely correct, as we paid $168 to upgrade our cabin of 3 adults to the deluxe package.

And I think NCL was at $6.95 plus 20%, for our convenience of course. They do offer 6 beers for 5 in the bucket though.

All of the drink prices seem very reasonable to me. When we were on an RCL ship last January they charged $12 for drinks that MSC advertises as $7.25, that’s a big savings. In addition, we’re getting 12-drink vouchers as part of our cruise AND complimentary mealtime beer and wine. Heck, for that matter, MSC’S prices are lower than restaurants in DC where we live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone explain this to me as this will be my first cruise and I may be missing something. I'm wondering what the difference is between the non alcoholic all inclusive, family non alcoholic package, and family soft drinks package is? They all seem to say pretty much the same things with the difference being the price. What are the stipulations for booking the family packages? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I would very much like to know this as well. Read the whole thread but didn't find any info on This.