MSC Seaside Bar Menus

ashley@cruisecritic

So what's included in the drink packages are based on the price of the drink... And the drink prices are different depending on what bar you are in?
If you have the classic drink package the beers, wine and spirits without an asterisk are included. In general, it's up to about 6.00. If there is one asterisk, then you need the deluxe package. If it has two asterisks, it's a super premium spirit or wine and not included in any package. The only confusing thing at this point is the Welcome Bar menu that was posted back on page one, post # 4. These drinks are primarily 9.00, made with premium one asterisked spirits, but do not have an asterisk next to them.

This will just add to the confusion.

There's a lounge on Seaside named "The Haven" which is what Ashley was referring to.

No, I meant The Haven. It's a bar/lounge on Seaside. But I also didn't get the YC bar (Top Sail) menu, so if anyone has that, please add! :)

Interesting. Thanks.

Surprised MSC using a name from NCL but NCL is using MSC ship designs now so might as well.

If you have the classic drink package the beers, wine and spirits without an asterisk are included. In general, it's up to about 6.00. If there is one asterisk, then you need the deluxe package. If it has two asterisks, it's a super premium spirit or wine and not included in any package. The only confusing thing at this point is the Welcome Bar menu that was posted back on page one, post # 4. These drinks are primarily 9.00, made with premium one asterisked spirits, but do not have an asterisk next to them.

This will just add to the confusion.

Thank you, I knew about the asterisks but I couldn't understand how that worked together with max prices per drink and different drink prices. But if I understand correctly I won't have to worry about it as a drink may cost $6 in one bar and $6.50 in another but both will have no asterisks and will therefor be included in the classic drink package?

Thank you, I knew about the asterisks but I couldn't understand how that worked together with max prices per drink and different drink prices. But if I understand correctly I won't have to worry about it as a drink may cost $6 in one bar and $6.50 in another but both will have no asterisks and will therefor be included in the classic drink package?

The $6 Bombay Sapphire doesn't have an asterisk but the $6.50 Bombay Sapphire does, go figure.................

The $6 Bombay Sapphire doesn't have an asterisk but the $6.50 Bombay Sapphire does, go figure.................

I tried looking for an example of this in the posted menues, but I couldn't find any. In which menues have you seen this?

I tried a quick search but can we upgrade from the Drink package included with the Aurea to premium on ship? My agent has said I have to pay the full price to upgrade? I have seen from other postings that is not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nikki ... I upgraded our Aurea package to Deluxe for our upcoming Xmas cruise at £35 pp for the week, code 534 to 536.

I have just realised you are in U.K. we are using CN for our reservation will they know what I am asking with the code you have given? As earlier today they basically said you have to pay full price?

That's why I assumed that 6.00 was the cut off for the classic package since Jack Daniels was listed at 6.25 as the cheapest one asterisk premium drink.

The math confusion with MSC is prevalent all over including the sports bar where you can get 6 + 6 wings cheaper than 12 and 3 groups of 6 cheaper than 18.

That's why I assumed that 6.00 was the cut off for the classic package since Jack Daniels was listed at 6.25 as the cheapest one asterisk premium drink.

The math confusion with MSC is prevalent all over including the sports bar where you can get 6 + 6 wings cheaper than 12 and 3 groups of 6 cheaper than 18.

On one of their ships they have the deep end of a pool showing as 5ft 12inches..

Nikki ... I upgraded our Aurea package to Deluxe for our upcoming Xmas cruise at £35 pp for the week, code 534 to 536.

Thanks Sidari, I have the upgrade. £70 for both of us so very happy for your help.

Their beer prices seem much more reasonable than other cruise lines.:D

Coors/Bud etc ...MSC 16oz $5.50 +15%, Celebrity 12 oz $6.00+18%, RCCL 16oz $7.25+18%

And I think NCL was at $6.95 plus 20%, for our convenience of course. They do offer 6 beers for 5 in the bucket though.

Thanks Sidari, I have the upgrade. £70 for both of us so very happy for your help.

I'm having my agent check with MSC USA to see if we can upgrade our Classic package to Deluxe. She checked previously but an upgrade wasn't possible. They wanted to us purchase a deluxe package for each person at the full cost.

Spoke too soon! The agent has just called back to say sorry it can’t be done on this cruise... and I should be able to do on board! They will refund my credit card!