Chicken Fried Steak with Country Gravy on HAL?

Kingofcool1947

Yes, it’s steak. It’s done like Chicken Fried Chicken (fried pounded chicken breast) which is different than Southern Fried Chicken. The Country Gravy is a White Sausage Gravy and many like the Gravy over biscuits, too. It’s big here in the South!

I am still trying to come to terms with gravy made with MILK. 🤢

So, we happen to be up on the north coast this week (Albion). This discussion made me hungry. So, this morning I had chicken fried steak with a hash brown waffle, jalapeño sausage gravy and eggs over easy.

Had I anymore room, that Dungeness crab and artichoke omelet looked pretty good too.

God bless California!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, we happen to be up on the north coast this week (Albion). This discussion made me hungry. So, this morning I had chicken fried steak with a hash brown waffle, jalapeño sausage gravy and eggs over easy.

Had I anymore room, that Dungeness crab and artichoke omelet looked pretty good too.

God bless California!

You remind me of Anakin Skywalker.

I am still trying to come to terms with gravy made with MILK. ��

The best sausage gravy & fresh biscuits (made with milk) I've ever eaten was in a Midwestern (U.S.) Mennonite owned restaurant I believe the sect was German based if this memory serves me correctly. This might help you understand better. yum

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235853/how-to-make-country-gravy/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%201

It's also wonderful on chicken fried steak with or without the sausage.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

The best sausage gravy & fresh biscuits (made with milk) I've ever eaten was in a Midwestern (U.S.) Mennonite owned restaurant I believe the sect was German based if this memory serves me correctly. This might help you understand better. yum

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235853/how-to-make-country-gravy/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%201

It's also wonderful on chicken fried steak with or without the ?.

Maybe it was a WAFFLE HOUSE, they are everywhere you know!

Thank you.

How about good Southern fried chicken, with a crispy coating?

Last summer I was on the Zuiderdam & the menu offered "Southern Style Fried Chicken" which excited the 2 ladies from Georgia who were seated at the same table. That menu was on the first half of the cruise - I told them that I had ordered then it & it didn't resemble any Southern Chicken that I had eaten. They ordered it anyway, and had to ask for another enree.

We took the red eye to Tampa last night for our Rotterdam cruise on Sunday. American Airlines had the nerve to serve us some biscuits with chirizo and an egg like substance. It was ironic just how much I would have welcomed any type of white, watery, Walmart jarred gravy to cover it up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

We took the red eye to Tampa last night for our Rotterdam cruise on Sunday. American Airlines had the nerve to serve us some biscuits with chirizo and an egg like substance. It was ironic just how much I would have welcomed any type of white, watery, Walmart jarred gravy to cover it up.

That's what you get for not requesting a change due to your dietary restriction for Red Eye Gravy.

Recipe: Remove the ham from the pan and set aside on a plate and keep warm. To the pan, add the coffee and water and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and the bouillon cube and stir to incorporate. Serve the gravy over the ham steaks on Grits.

Wow, talk about a religious slur. That's not PC at all!

Why is Waffle House a 'religious slur' and 'not PC'? I don't live in the South, but travelled there frequently during my working days. Loved the Waffle Houses, which seemed to literally be on every corner. :)

I told them that I had ordered then it & it didn't resemble any Southern Chicken that I had eaten. They ordered it anyway, and had to ask for another enree.

Do you think that perhaps what you told them before they ordered became sort of a 'preconceived notion' of what to expect, and that their assessment of the dish was doomed anyway at that point?:confused: