Must haves/wants - for the new Princess ship you design !

voljeep

All cruise ships must have a full walk around promenade deck. Avenue like Skywalkers in the front of the ship, that you can see where the ship is going. Larger balconies, showers, and cabins. The buffet in the rear of the ship, with seating outside. A large Piazza , it's a great gathering place.

Escalators. They would eliminate long waits for over-crowded elevators. They would still function as stairs in the event of a power outage.

Restrict photo department to an out-of-the-way location where they do not interfere with the flow of traffic on gangways, elevator lobbies, deck 7 forward & aft passageway. If passengers want a photo, they can go to the photo dept. location.

Have a Planks restaurant on every ship.

Move or do away with the Gastro Pub in the Wheelhouse lounge so all those empty seats can be used by passengers wanting to enjoy drinks and the live entertainment.

The only problem with an escalator when using a walker is getting on and off safely, as I can't always move at the same speed as the escalator is moving. I've nearly fallen a couple of times, and now stick to ramps or lifts for my own safely. An angled inclinator still has the problem of a ridge at each end where the moving part disappears in a loop-this is where I have the most trouble negotiating safely. A ramp at the approved degree of rising so much over a certain distance, think the ratio is 1 centimetre rise for each 14 centimetres in length, but not honestly sure of those exact figures. I know the lower incline makes it easier for me to manage with my walker without trying to hold on to the railing as well.

The only problem with an escalator when using a walker is getting on and off safely, as I can't always move at the same speed as the escalator is moving. I've nearly fallen a couple of times, and now stick to ramps or lifts for my own safely. An angled inclinator still has the problem of a ridge at each end where the moving part disappears in a loop-this is where I have the most trouble negotiating safely. A ramp at the approved degree of rising so much over a certain distance, think the ratio is 1 centimetre rise for each 14 centimetres in length, but not honestly sure of those exact figures. I know the lower incline makes it easier for me to manage with my walker without trying to hold on to the railing as well.

If ships had escalators, a lot of people who don't want to climb stairs would use them and that would free up more room in the elevators for those with walkers or scooters.

I agree. Stop giving us art, jewelry and spa handouts everyday. And stop the announcements about them and all the sales. It takes a while until I stop jumping up to open the cabin door to hear what is being said. Not about new shop designs but that stuff is so annoying.

If ships had escalators, a lot of people who don't want to climb stairs would use them and that would free up more room in the elevators for those with walkers or scooters.

Very good point which I missed completely. :(

I hope someone from Corporate is reading and taking notes. There's very limited Handicapped Accessible Staterooms on ships and some people need to be able to see daylight to minimise seasickness-I was fortunate that the combination of first time cruising and wild excitement DIDN'T cause a queasy tummy-and I tried what I fancied aboard. Slept like a log with the extra walking and dodging crowds, although most people noticed and politely moved aside, I did had to stop suddenly once, the chap in front of me, suddenly stopped and I nearly bumped into him! He forgot to bring to bring something from his stateroom, I understood that, just startled at nearly bumping into him.

• An indoor pool that can be used during cool or inclement weather without having to pay extra
  • A well stocked library with real books
  • The New York Times Fax at sea
  • laudromats

FYI. Majestic has an indoor pool that you don't have to pay extra to use. It appears that the Retreat Pool on the deckplans for Sky is covered also. And all Princess ships have laundromats...