Transportation between EWR and Bayonne Terminal.... Options other than RCCL transfers

Any suggestions? RCCL Transfers are about $28 per person (which is not bad) but was wondering if we have any other option. Husband wants to rent a car, since we are going to arrive early and not able to board right away... But was told by someone that the car rentals dont offer complimentary shuttle from their offices to Bayonne/// Is that true?

I also check into the possibility of using a car service and it is about $140 for party of 5, which is about the same amount with RCCL. It is our first time in Bayonne, and dont know what to expect. For those of you that have traveled out of Bayonne, what are your suggestions... I need help!

I used Uber from out hotel to the port and from the port back to EWR. Less than $20 each way for 2 people. We used free hotel shuttle from EWR to the hotel. That area of Newark is pretty shady IMO and there is no way I would get a rental car there.

How early are you arriving? It sounds like you're flying in the same day.

Renting a car is not a good option. Transfers are not cheap from EWR to Cape Liberty. Folks have been reporting good results with Uber.

From Cape Liberty back to EWR you can take a shuttle from the taxi dispatcher for $20/pp.

We recently did a first time cruise at this particular port. I too was concerned about transportation from EWR to hotel, from hotel to Cape Liberty and back to EWR. We used an UberX for all of these and it couldn't have been easier and budget friendly...all trips under approx $30.00 per trip for the two of us.

Uber will be be FAR the cheapest probably.

You can get an UberXL for around $30 each way (total, not per person). Don't do a regular Uber, a regular car isn't going to have a hope of fitting 5 people plus luggage. An XL will be either a minivan or a SUV.

If you have lots of bags maybe do two UberX's.