HOTS - Most Daily Planners and a few thoughts

EuroDate20

My family and I were on the Harmony of the Seas last month. Amazing ship! I saved most of the Daily Planners, except for Day 6 and 7. Upon returning home, we were met by a big dose of reality, so I've been unable to post the planners until now......

day1planner.pdf

day2planner.pdf

day3planner.pdf

day4planner.pdf

day5planner.pdf

Actually, I saved all of the Cruise Compasses for the Western Caribbean itinerary, but they're too big to be posted as an attachment to CC. If anyone knows of an easy way to post them, please let me know. Now for my 2 cents...

DH and I were in a JS. DS and DIL were in a D-2. Normally, we'd like to get to the port early, but this time DH and DS went on a fishing excursion on their own. They UBERed to Lake Ida, north of Ft. Lauderdale for some peacock brass fishing. They told me peacock brass is only found in south Florida and in the Amazon. The fish is colorful and has a lot of fight to them. They hired a guide and a boat for the morning. After we boarded, our cabins were already open. In our JS, we found WOW bands. I don't know if they were included in our JS or they provided them to us as Diamond members. The WOW bands were convenient to have, but I normally wear clothing with pockets anyway so it isn't a big deal to me to carry the key card.

For the first night, we did the Chef's Table. I was able to book it on the ship and I asked for a discount. We were extended a 30% discount by the sommelier. The Chef's Table on the Harmony is held in a curtailed off area of the Solarium Bistro. A few years ago, we had the Chef's Table on the Allure of the Seas and it was fantastic in venue, service, food, and wine. We were hoping that we would be able to share a similar experience with DS and DIL this time. The food and wine were exceptional. The sommelier was very charming. The chef was gracious, but he would introduce the courses in a matter of fact manner. It's really a disservice to have the Chef's Table in such a mediocre setting. The noise from the Solarium Bistro spills into the Chef's Table area. When the manager of the Solarium Bistro checked in with us to see how we were doing, we told her what a poor location it was. Her response was that there wasn't any other available room to have the Chef's Table, which we felt was a lame response, given the cost of the Chef's Table, and how it was supposed to be a special showcase dining experience.

I have a few more thoughts to pass on, but it's time to commute home. Stay tuned folks!

Actually, I saved all of the Cruise Compasses for the Western Caribbean itinerary, but they're too big to be posted as an attachment to CC. If anyone knows of an easy way to post them, please let me know. Now for my 2 cents...

DH and I were in a JS. DS and DIL were in a D-2. Normally, we'd like to get to the port early, but this time DH and DS went on a fishing excursion on their own. They UBERed to Lake Ida, north of Ft. Lauderdale for some peacock brass fishing. They told me peacock brass is only found in south Florida and in the Amazon. The fish is colorful and has a lot of fight to them. They hired a guide and a boat for the morning. After we boarded, our cabins were already open. In our JS, we found WOW bands. I don't know if they were included in our JS or they provided them to us as Diamond members. The WOW bands were convenient to have, but I normally wear clothing with pockets anyway so it isn't a big deal to me to carry the key card.

For the first night, we did the Chef's Table. I was able to book it on the ship and I asked for a discount. We were extended a 30% discount by the sommelier. The Chef's Table on the Harmony is held in a curtailed off area of the Solarium Bistro. A few years ago, we had the Chef's Table on the Allure of the Seas and it was fantastic in venue, service, food, and wine. We were hoping that we would be able to share a similar experience with DS and DIL this time. The food and wine were exceptional. The sommelier was very charming. The chef was gracious, but he would introduce the courses in a matter of fact manner. It's really a disservice to have the Chef's Table in such a mediocre setting. The noise from the Solarium Bistro spills into the Chef's Table area. When the manager of the Solarium Bistro checked in with us to see how we were doing, we told her what a poor location it was. Her response was that there wasn't any other available room to have the Chef's Table, which we felt was a lame response, given the cost of the Chef's Table, and how it was supposed to be a special showcase dining experience.

I have a few more thoughts to pass on, but it's time to commute home. Stay tuned folks!

Following. Very helpful posts.

If you enjoy Lava Flows, the better ones are made at Bolero's. They add rum to the glass as well as blending rum with the mix. They also line the glass with the berry syrup stuff. We were disappointed in the Schooner Bar. The bartenders there were not very engaging and the drinks lacked the usual garnish, such as maraschino cherries.

Our MDR staff was very good and attentive. At the second formal night, those who ordered lobster, received two. My husband asked for steak and lobster and got it. We were also offered additional lobster if we wanted it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We enjoyed the food in the MDR, but food is always subjective. We're not foodies, but we enjoy fine dining and good service. For the most part, you're not going to get five star dining in the MDR, but the food's going to be good - better than what I can make at home, and if you don't like it - they will get you something else.

We ate dinner in the Coastal Kitchen once. It was a nice experience, and we would've returned, but our DS and DIL couldn't join us because they were in a balcony cabin.

DS and DIL had dinner in Wonderland. They liked the presentation, but not the food. In their opinion, it was bland.

One of my favorite things to do on an Oasis class ship is to spend time on a lounger on Deck 5 aft, overlooking the wake. On Harmony, there are only a few loungers there. These loungers are not the type where you can adjust at different angles and recline, like a patio lounger. The loungers are somewhat like large chairs that you can adjust, but you can't put your feet up. For that, there is a footstool. It's not quite the same for me and not quite as comfortable.

There seemed to always be an audience for the Bionic Bar, especially in the beginning of the cruise.

I missed the water feature at the base of the Rising Tide Bar that's on Oasis and Allure.

We only ate lunch in the MDR on Day 7, but they really put out a spread! There were many hot and cold dishes, and a huge dessert bar, many elaborate cakes, with sculptures made from melted sugar.

The comedy show was a hoot! But if you're sensitive to bad language, you might not like the headliner comedian (I don't remember his name). There were plenty of f bombs and it's a big part of his act.

A few parting bits of information.....

We were able to bring on a case of water, which we put in a luggage bag. It was brought to our stateroom, along with the rest of our luggage.

The bathroom amenities in the JS were shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and bar soap from L'Occitane. They had a pleasant aromatherapy scent.

We Ubered from the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center to the ship. The fare was about $8 for an Uber XL. From the port to FLL, we took a cab. The fare was $15 for the four of us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year of cruising to all!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Chefs Table. This is the fourth review in a row I have read about the bad location, we always attend Chefs Table on cruises and when on Oasis or Allure it was held upstairs in the Diamond lounge, now Wonderland on Harmony.

It’s a great night of food, wine and meeting people so why make it so bad by having it in blocked off area of a major venue? The ship is so big, there has to be a better place to hold it.

We are on a B2B in February and was so looking forward to Chefs Table, But That isn’t going to happen!

DH has a bad back, so we're restricted on the types of excursions we can take, and we didn't book anything on this cruise. DS and DIL were very happy with, and enjoyed their excursions of Dunn's River Falls and tubing on Jamaica, and an ATV excursion on Cozumel. We did book a bungalow on Labadee and that was very nice. We were assigned bungalow #4. Our bungalow was stocked with several bottles of extra large Evian water in a cooler. The attendant will bring you towels, so no need to check out towels from the ship. The bungalows are near Columbus Cove, and you can get to them by the tram, or by golf cart. Golf cart attendants will give you a ride to them if you show them a copy of your booking. The bungalow attendants are very efficient and you can order drinks with them. The luncheon buffet area and restrooms are nearby. Having a bungalow was a nice choice to enjoy the beach day.

I'm slowly scanning copies of the Compass. Day 1 and Day 2 are attached. I have to separate them because the files are too big to attach at once. Enjoy!

compassday1.pdf

compassday1a.pdf

compassday2.pdf

compassday2a.pdf

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Chefs Table. This is the fourth review in a row I have read about the bad location, we always attend Chefs Table on cruises and when on Oasis or Allure it was held upstairs in the Diamond lounge, now Wonderland on Harmony.

It’s a great night of food, wine and meeting people so why make it so bad by having it in blocked off area of a major venue? The ship is so big, there has to be a better place to hold it.

We are on a B2B in February and was so looking forward to Chefs Table, But That isn’t going to happen!

I really hope they can move the Chef's Table to a nicer location. It's such a disservice to the diners and the whole concept of the presentation. We loved it on Allure! Happy cruising to you in 2018!

Thanks for posting the dailies. I was looking at them and it is interesting, unless I missed something, that they don’t list entertainment times in the venues. Example is, I am sure there were bands by the pool each day but it is not listed as to the times. Are there solo acts in some of the venues? Again not listed. It looks like each daily is basically the same with hours of operation with some of the “big”entertainment listed.

Thanks for posting the dailies. I was looking at them and it is interesting, unless I missed something, that they don’t list entertainment times in the venues. Example is, I am sure there were bands by the pool each day but it is not listed as to the times. Are there solo acts in some of the venues? Again not listed. It looks like each daily is basically the same with hours of operation with some of the “big”entertainment listed.

I think the insert page with all the events listed is missing.

Look at the daily planners attached to post #1. On the second page you will see a square with Music and Dancing listed.