Traditional dining - can I make a reservation for a different time?

We are sailing next week on Allure and this is our first cruise. We have opted for traditional dining w/ an 8:00 pm seating. On day 2 we have reservations for Mama Mia at 9:30, and everything I've read say to allow 2 hours for dinner. I didn't realize this when I reserved the show, and now it's totally booked so I can't change it.

If you have traditional dining, can you book a reservation to dine at a different time in the MDR for just one night? Or are you restricted to 8:00 pm for the whole week?

We are sailing next week on Allure and this is our first cruise. We have opted for traditional dining w/ an 8:00 pm seating. On day 2 we have reservations for Mama Mia at 9:30, and everything I've read say to allow 2 hours for dinner. I didn't realize this when I reserved the show, and now it's totally booked so I can't change it.

If you have traditional dining, can you book a reservation to dine at a different time in the MDR for just one night? Or are you restricted to 8:00 pm for the whole week?

No, you cannot choose a different time if you are in traditional dining.

If you want flexibility in dining time, you may want to consider switching to My Time Dining.

You probably will not be able to change your dining time but you still have options:

When you get to main dining, tell the wait staff you have a show - we have been in and out in under an hour.

Go to the windjammer for dinner.

Book a speciality restaurant at a slightly earlier time - say 7pm - makes for a great night.

Pete

You are restricted to the set time. You have options. You can dine in the windjammer, a specialty restaurant or try to change to My Time Dining so that you can eat at any time you wish on any night. But, if you do switch to MTD you can not switch back to traditonal dining.

Another option is to stay with the tradtional dining and on the night of the show tell your server that you need to eat quickly because you have a 9:30 show.

I hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Thank you, and I have another related question:

If it's a 9:30 show, what time should we be there to find seats together? We have reservations, but I think it's still open seating...?

Depends on the size of your party. For a party of two, 15-20 minutes should get you a decent choice of seats. For a party of 12, I'd get there at least 45 minutes in advance.

If it's a 9:30 show, what time should we be there to find seats together? We have reservations, but I think it's still open seating...?

I would say 20 minutes. Any less and seat selection may become an issue. For what its worth my DW and I thought Mama Mia was excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could also reschedule the show. If you can't online, just go to Studio B when you board. There will be others there booking shows that could be done online

Somewhere between 10-15 minutes prior to the show, they will start letting anyone into the theater and the seats will fill up quickly, so don't cut it too close. Having a reservation will mean nothing, once they start letting everyone in. The non-reservation line was huge when we went to Mamma Mia, show ended up standing room only.