Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

SamFritz, condolences are going out to you and all your family and relatives from Germany.

I cannot imagine such a huge loss happening to me, so I better stay away from trying to find the right words because they would not be enough.

May your brother and his wife remain alive on an eternal, perfect dream cruise that leads you back together when time has come.

Dear Sam,we are so sorry for your loss. We are not Celebrity cruisers but we are all a cruise family,We heard about this terrible accident on the News and that prompted me to come on this board to find out more like many of us do. When I read your ordinal post,my heart ached for you and we were praying to hear good news about your brother and his wife.

Do see your post this morning, it broke my heart and we are so sorry for your loss, may their souls rest peacefully in the arms of our Lord.

our sincere condolences to you ,your family and friends

Marion

Sam,

Please know our prayers are with you and your family at this time.

According to the Canadian press.

Five (5) Americans, Two (2) Swedes, and a family of four (4) Canadians were killed.

One person was under the age of 18

Also including the Mexican Tour Guide.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/4-canadians-killed-in-mexico-bus-crash-report-1.3729101

Bev

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

I read your post yesterday where you were trying to find answers. I came on this morning hoping to hear some good news. I was hoping that your brother and SIL weren't on that tour bus.

Praying for you and your family during this time. How tragic!

So sorry for those affected. It was very sad seeing the bus yesterday as we drove past it on our way back to the ship. The guide on our own van said he was friends with the guide on the bus which crashed. It's very sad to reflect on the fact that my family passed the accident site minutes earlier and those who lost family members.

For those curious, the ship sailed sometime after midnight. There were some people who left the ship in Costa Maya. We saw crew removing belongings and suitcases from a room down the hall from ours last evening. The ship did arrive in Cozumel on time. There haven't been shipwide announcements, but a number of people have been at guest relations, which I think is a good way of handling the event.

My condolences to the relatives and prayers for the deceased.

An apology for having posted the news of the Mexican press with a photo in the previous forum, deleted by CC. I did not receive any warning from the administrator, so I do not know if I was the culprit. I apologize if I offended someone.

In today's press, 12 deceased are mentioned, everything else has already been mentioned.

SamFritz, please know your cruise family (from across the various lines) are keeping you in their hearts as you deal with this unthinkable tragedy. Know you will be surrounded by love from near and far as you deal with the days to come.

Smooth Sailing.

My brother and his wife were on the excursion. I’ve called the ship and they tell me that he is not on the ship at this time and that he was impacted by this incident, but they have no information about his condition. I’ve been in contact with Royal shore side, but they have no information to share yet. I’ve sent text and phone messages to them directly but have not heard from them yet. Please pray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow cruiser we will pray your Brother andWife Are Ok Wealso pray for all the people and families affected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just received word from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Oh no! I have been checking to see if you updated your post. And there are no words. My family and I will pray for you and your family.

I am just so incredibly sorry!

Tiffiny

So terribly sad to hear of your tragic loss Sam. Condolences to you and your family at this devastating news. May you only remember the happy times you shared with your brother and sister-in-law.

Mark and Ruth

Oh no, I am so sorry. I read this this thread last night and woke up thinking about you this morning. I just came on to check for an update. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. [emoji26][emoji120][emoji120]