Disappointed with MSC

Suzez

In September we did a 7 night cruise on Preziosa from Southampton. Whilst on board, I had my hair done at the hairdressers. My bag was placed by some very hot large bulbs. This resulted in my Kipling bag being burnt. I reported this to reception, filled in a form and the staff inspected my bag. They kept the form. I pointed out my concern as felt this a serious fire hazard. They didn't seem that bothered. When I got home I emailed MSC. Today I got a response saying they have no reference to a report form on board and can not take it any further and my report will be closed. I responded with the following:

Thank you for your rather unexpected response from MSC.

I am shocked and insulted to find you have not taken this matter seriously.

I would like to again tell you that a damage report from wascompleted on board the ship. The form was kept by the staff at reception. Theydid also inspect my burnt bag.

Clearly you need to review the process for dealing with thesesituations as well as your general approach to safety onboard.

If you are not going to take this further, then I would leave ithere.

My husband and myself will not be cruising with MSC again and wewill not be recommending your cruise line to others.

I am posting this here because my concern is the safety on board. I do think others should be aware. I have cruised with several other lines and never had anything like this before. This was not the only safety concern. I was not the only person concerned.

Edited by Suzez

Not doubting you but a few questions.....

Who placed the bag? Did you put it there not knowing that there was a heat source or did someone take your bag and put it there?

Did you take pictures of the damage? If not then, could you take pictures now and post them? Can you send pictures to whomever sent you the email?

What was the response from the people in the salon?

My bag was put by myself by the mirrors, a very shallow shelf, I was then quickly whisked to the other side for hair wash. I grabbed my bag to take it with me, they said to leave it there as i will be back there shortly. Upon returning to the mirrors, I noticed the burning smell. The hairdresser was fully aware of what had happened. May I point out, this happened twice. The second hair visit, the girl placed my bag in exactly the same place, I quickly removed it pointing out, yet again, the previous damage. Yes pictures were taken and emailed to MSC.

My bag was put by myself by the mirrors, a very shallow shelf, I was then quickly whisked to the other side for hair wash. I grabbed my bag to take it with me, they said to leave it there as i will be back there shortly. Upon returning to the mirrors, I noticed the burning smell. The hairdresser was fully aware of what had happened. May I point out, this happened twice. The second hair visit, the girl placed my bag in exactly the same place, I quickly removed it pointing out, yet again, the previous damage. Yes pictures were taken and emailed to MSC.

In 7 days cruise you did your hair twice and twice you brought bad for some reason and twice you put in same place? :rolleyes:

Contact Christopher Elliott -travel writer/ombudsman. His group may help - a lot of clout. Google him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums