Golden Wedding Anniversary

scotcruiser

I have friends who are celebrating their golden wedding anniversary date on board Ovation. They have said they dont want a fuss so have not informed the cruise line but i am thinking they may come back saying something like "there was not even an acknowledgement like some flowers" What does Seabourn normally "do" for guests celebrating this anniversary?

I have friends who are celebrating their golden wedding anniversary date on board Ovation. They have said they dont want a fuss so have not informed the cruise line but i am thinking they may come back saying something like "there was not even an acknowledgement like some flowers" What does Seabourn normally "do" for guests celebrating this anniversary?

I’ve not yet celebrated an anniversary on board but have chatted with many who have. We’ve celebrated some birthdays though and the procedure seems to be the same. At minimum, they’ll pick a day to celebrate and will do some decorations in the room and a cake/special dessert brought in that evening. I’ve also seen a special dinner arranged via some onboard corridination.

For birthdays that actually occur while onboard, they’ve celebrated it on the day of. For cruises near birthdays (where celebrations is checked) and anniversaries, they usually ask which day you might like to celebrate.

They have said they dont want a fuss so have not informed the cruise line but i am thinking they may come back saying something like "there was not even an acknowledgement like some flowers"

Sidebar: I don’t understand how they could possibly be upset if they didn’t tell the cruise line. It’s not like there is a space on the registration form that asks whether you are married (or married to your companion!) or what date that unification took place. It would require some serious omniscience to celebrate something for which they have no notice.

Birthdays, on the other hand, are easier. A date of birth is required for registration, I recall. And it is also on ones passport! The cruise line shouldknos everyone’s birthday whether they tick the celebrations box or not!

Our first SB cruise was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and although it didn't take place exactly on the date, we did tell SB UK that it was the reason we were doing this cruise and they said they would be informing the ship and it would be acknowledged.

Nothing happened!

It didn't put us off though, just one of those things and not that important in the grand scheme

If it is not mentioned, Seabourn will not know about it! If you think your friends would like some acknowledgment, maybe just in the form of a bouquet in the suite, say, then perhaps you could inform Guest Relations in advance. It might work - no guarantee.

We celebrated our Ruby wedding last year on the Sojourn and our TA certainly made sure Seabourn knew! One night we came back to our suite and found red rose petals scattered liberally a congratulatory banner, towel sculptures and a lovely chocolate cake and bottle of red wine. Later on we were chatting to one of the senior members of the crew at the beach bbq and came back to our suite later to find a bottle of champagne and petit fours. We also seemed to get invited to a lot of hosted tables. We certainly felt spoilt rotten without being publicly singled out, which was lovely!

Seems you get fewer balloons with a smaller suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends on your stewardess. When I thanked the Hotel Manager he made a point of saying that the decorations were done by the "girls" (i.e. the stewardesses). Needles to say, I thanked her too.

I am sure it depends on the stewardess as we have only sailed in in Ocean View on the small ships and ordinary verandah on the bigger ships and we have got many balloons, rose petal hearts and wine. One towel animal creation was a "3 tiered wedding cake". :)

I would suggest that even for a birthday I would still tick the celebration box on the cruise information form. Some people prefer not to make a fuss about birthdays etc and therefore Seabourn might err on the side of caution and not do anything if it isn't ticked. Tell your friends Seabourn will be discrete if they ask them too. Everything just set up in room. Maybe the husband could organise it to surprise his wife?

Julie

We celebrated our Golden Wedding Anniversary on Legend (those were the days!) We had a bottle of wine and strawberries dipped in chocolate in the suite before dinner, the waiters sang and we were presented with a chocolate cake after dinner and there was a rose petal heart shaped design and a hand written message from the Captain on the bed when we returned to the suite. I am sure we told them about the celebration in advance. You don't have to have the singing if you don't want it. In my view there is no point in having a celebratory cruise if you don't celebrate. :hearteyes:

(no we didn't drink the whole bottle before dinner :D )