Carnival posts strong 4th qtr earniongs and stronger projection for 18

jimbo5544

I will ask around with some mgt types at Carnival and see if I can get an estimate of the average of cheers buyers per cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sure they are very well versed on the averages. Wonder if they would share that info as it would be interesting to know (from a Nerd point of view). :)

OK, so I did a little more guessing here.

Carnival states that they sail full every sailing. ( I know BS) but lets say it's true. I came up with 66,400 people sailing everyday.(I know that ships will be in dry and other things will happen) I would guess that 25 to 30% (This might be a little high) of passengers buy cheers. (again a total guess) That means at 25%, everyday there is 16,600 people on cheers a cross the fleet and 30% it would be 19,920. So with that in mind the daily take on the 2 dollar raise in cheers would be at 25% $33,200.00 a day and $12,118,000.00 per year at 30% it would be $39,840.00 per day and $14,541,600.00. Not bad for just a $2.00 a day raise. This is only for Carnival line I don't know if any other lines are raising prices.

Which also assumes that there has been no commensurate raise in the overhead for bar supplies (and there may be a cushion in the $2 for future increases).

I'm sure they are very well versed on the averages. Wonder if they would share that info as it would be interesting to know (from a Nerd point of view). :)

I cant think of a reason they wont share, but any rate I can ask.

I obviously don't have Jimbo's connections but with social media/my internet stalking skills, I may ask some management types in corporate about CCL's commitment to SH OBC and give them free consulting on the matter. I plan to take all of my money out of the market in January but would definitely consider investing after the market correction.

I obviously don't have Jimbo's connections but with social media/my internet stalking skills, I may ask some management types in corporate about CCL's commitment to SH OBC and give them free consulting on the matter. I plan to take all of my money out of the market in January but would definitely consider investing after the market correction.

As of now, they are committed to the shareholder benefit through July 2018. Although it has been renewed every year of its existence, there’s always the chance it won’t be.

As of now, they are committed to the shareholder benefit through July 2018. Although it has been renewed every year of its existence, there’s always the chance it won’t be.

It is true the only given things are death and taxes, it is also true that these are renewed annually. The rest is up for discussion.

Which also assumes that there has been no commensurate raise in the overhead for bar supplies (and there may be a cushion in the $2 for future increases).

And this erroneously assumes that bar revenue is only used to offset bar expense. Each ship as a whole is a profit center, so increases in bar revenue can be used to offset higher cost of paint and varnish.

and who's going to win the 5th race at Santa Anita?