Not Impressed

MAF23

Have not really experienced any real rude behavior from the crew. We always make sure to say hello and give them a smile when we see them passing.

The rude behavior we found? The passengers. :( And many of them were being rude to the staff, ordering them around like they were their personal employees. Get enough of that coming at you week to week...anyone is bound to get burned out.

Edited by island lady

We had the same experience on Oasis. Bar tenders, room steward, dining room staff. Across the board rude and unhappy staff. This was two years ago. Never had this experience on our other 11 RCCL cruises.

Ditto. We will stick to the smaller ships. Kind of wrecked Oasis class for me. Just seems too big to be personal.

We just got off the Oasis B2B and the only Rude people on that cruise we’re the guest. I can’t believe how people on a great adventure can be so Rude. You reap what you sow.

Bye the way if someone is rude to you or the service isn’t what you think it should be just get their name and walk to customer service and make your point with them. It will get fixed immediately. Don’t let it fester and upset your vacation.

Jus saying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't agree with your "Garbage" assessment either.

Funny on our last princess cruise, this SNOB , yes I will call this woman a snob, stood in a full elevator and when someone asked about eating at the buffet, she stuck her nose up and said "we dont eat pig slop"

Some of us choose our words more carefully, and others just spew out whatever comes to mind

I don't agree with your "Garbage" assessment either.

Maybe there is something wrong with YOUR tastebuds, or you are just a complainer. Either way, it wasn't an appropriate way to describe it.

Bingo. I’ve eaten at many ship buffets. Their food certainly isn’t 5 star, but is generally reasonably good. I’ve had some things that I didn’t care for at all, some things that were mediocre, some that were pretty darn good, and a few that were actually quite good. If you go in with a snob attitude and are determined to be disappointed, then you will probably succeed.

I agree! We were on the ship in October and experienced good service with everyone EXCEPT guest services. The lines were long and slow. We kept trying to get them to fix the multiple errors on our account only to have to come back again the next day and do it all over. We did this for 5 days straight. They never had a smile on their face when we approached the counter and were rude. Even when we would just show up to request change (so we can tip their staff extra) they were rude. We are Pinnacle and it was like pulling teeth trying to get our 40% discount.

KSUDS. Next time you have problems like you had you should just go to the Concierge Desk up on deck 17 and just have them take care of the issue. Your Pinnacle and That is what the Concierge are on the ship to help you with troubles.

Hope that helps you in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on Allure twice and Oasis once within the past 3 years. I really enjoyed cruises on both ships and was happy with the service and overall experience. Would definitely recommend it to others.

For me the windjammer is really great. Plenty of choice and I am happy with the quality of the food served. Looks like some on CC find it unsatisfactory but it looks like a matter of taste. Can't keep everyone happy.

I don't spend much time or thought reflecting on how friendly or rude crew members are. For me they are individuals and you get all kinds on a ship. Can't label the quality of service on the whole ship on the basis of the behaviour of one or two individuals. On the whole I find the service satisfactory and the people I have come into contact with friendly, helpful and approachable.

CC is all about sharing experiences and our own thoughts. I can appreciate that those who have reason to feel disappointed will want to let off some steam.

From my reading in here a lot are not Carnival fans and will not say nice things about them. Not up to their standards I guess . I myself quite enjoy Carnival and would get back on one on a minute if my wife would let me. I've heard good about the Magic too.

Thank you for that. I enjoy all cruise lines and I'm not partial. Show me a great deal and I will book it.

From my reading in here a lot are not Carnival fans and will not say nice things about them. Not up to their standards I guess . I myself quite enjoy Carnival and would get back on one on a minute if my wife would let me. I've heard good about the Magic too.

I have been on Allure twice and Oasis once within the past 3 years. I really enjoyed cruises on both ships and was happy with the service and overall experience. Would definitely recommend it to others.

For me the windjammer is really great. Plenty of choice and I am happy with the quality of the food served. Looks like some on CC find it unsatisfactory but it looks like a matter of taste. Can't keep everyone happy.

I don't spend much time or thought reflecting on how friendly or rude crew members are. For me they are individuals and you get all kinds on a ship. Can't label the quality of service on the whole ship on the basis of the behaviour of one or two individuals. On the whole I find the service satisfactory and the people I have come into contact with friendly, helpful and approachable.

CC is all about sharing experiences and our own thoughts. I can appreciate that those who have reason to feel disappointed will want to let off some steam.

I agree with your post. Very well written.

Of the hundreds of crew we all see throughout the week, I'll be glad to give one or two a pass because they are having a bad day. We all have them!.

There however was only one instance of an employee that I thought should have been severely reprimanded. It was the maitred on an Explorer cruise many years ago when he stood in the doorway at end of first seating waiting for tip. This before auto gratuities. Our table left together and as we filed by some didn't give him an envelope. Out of his mouth, a little louder than I'm sure he meant came the words "Thanks for nothing". A lot of us heard it and the person behind us put the envelope back in his pocket.

The Matre d' was one of the rude ones. I can't give him a pass. He is supposedly a professional and should always present himself that way. The other was bar staff. They get a pass for maybe having a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...
Funny on our last princess cruise, this SNOB , yes I will call this woman a snob, stood in a full elevator and when someone asked about eating at the buffet, she stuck her nose up and said "we dont eat pig slop"

Some of us choose our words more carefully, and others just spew out whatever comes to mind

That is so funny! How come I never meet people like that? I would have replied "Well perhaps you should try pig slop to see if it would improve your attitude?"