Inside 90 days booking

Griff61

Hi

I searched the thread and couldn't find anything on this so I will ask the smart cruisers here.

Never been to Alaska but might be able to go this June and won't know if DW can get the time off till end of March.

What's the chances of getting a good price so near to the sailing date? I know Alaska trips sell out quickly as they are very popular. Just want an interior room and really don't care where on the ship. Holland is who I want to go with return Vancouver.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

We live close to port and are often in Vancouver.

Over the past three seasons we have seen pricing anywhere fron $289-$399 for an inside gty. $499-$599 for an outside gty, sometimes obstructed. Ten day land/cruise have been $899-1099. Within two weeks or so, mid August timeframe. We always watch this pricing. Balconies are harder to get. If available, in the past we have seen them priced from $699/$799 upwards.

Of course it really depends on supply and demand. The trick is to score two...one each way. Our observation has been that HAL and Princess have been the first to drop. Usually on HAL it has been Z'dam. Then NCL and Celebrity. Who knows what it will be this season.

There is one good advantage to booking late-ten days or less (if you can get air as required). Weather. You can take a look at the longer range Alaska weather forecast.

Probably pretty good if the date you pick is in early June before school lets out. Of course, Alaska will be cool but still beautiful.

GB is a must for us. I don't anticipate any problems there in June. Would I be correct ?

Thanks for the reply

We live close to port and are often in Vancouver.

Over the past three seasons we have seen pricing anywhere fron $289-$399 for an inside gty. $499-$599 for an outside gty, sometimes obstructed. Ten day land/cruise have been $899-1099. Within two weeks or so, mid August timeframe. We always watch this pricing. Balconies are harder to get. If available, in the past we have seen them priced from $699/$799 upwards.

Of course it really depends on supply and demand. The trick is to score two...one each way. Our observation has been that HAL and Princess have been the first to drop. Usually on HAL it has been Z'dam. Then NCL and Celebrity. Who knows what it will be this season.

There is one good advantage to booking late-ten days or less (if you can get air as required). Weather. You can take a look at the longer range Alaska weather forecast.

Hi iancal

I like those prices look good. I hope we can see them this year. We live on Vancouver Island so nice and close to Vancouver.

I'm not sure what you mean by "

The trick is to score two...one each way. " :confused:

He’s probably talking about a Gulf crossing, so you would need a leg going in both directions: 7 days VNR to Seward or Whittier, and the opposite returning. Maybe you were thinking 7 day round trip VNR?
Thanks TiogaCruiser

Yes I want to do Vancouver return

Our ideal would be to score a good rate on a seven day northbound. Then score another good rate on a seven day southbound back to Vancouver. And on a different ship, different cruise line.
Although that is a great idea,one I would of never thought about, just can't get that much time off