Travel insurance

Bob, if this isn’t allowed, please delete with my apologies

Is there a particular trip insurance company you would recommend? We’re booking July ‘19 Caribbean and I’m not going to take any chances

Thanks!

I have used these sites with good results:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

www.tripinsurancestore.com

Always go to a third party insurer...just in case!

If the cruise line goes belly up...their insurance could be worthless. We have used Insuremytrip and I needed to go medical for a somewhat minor issue. My home health insurance did not cover out of country travel. I was reimbursed without any problem.

You never know when something might happen. loss of a parent, traffic accident, bad snow storm..on an island you might get stung by an insect and have some problems, and possibly falling on the ship or ashore and needed ortho treatment. Yes...it is additional cost, but it is also peace of mind!

Companies like insuremytrip.com which we often use and many of the others mentioned allow one to see several companies providing insurance. They do not provide the insurance themselves.

They offer an easy way to compare policies.

From there you need to decide what policy works best for you.

We prefer one that act as the primary insurer meaning that if we have a health issue during our cruise we can submit bills directly to them rather then first submitting to our own insurance company knowing they will turn it down. It saves time for us.

Read the policies carefully and there is no perfect one that works for everyone.

Keith

Is there one you might choose for a European cruise and pre-cruise stay? Or do they all just offer different options? I would prefer someone who offers "cancels for any reason".

Any of the companies linked on post #2 have phone numbers where you can call and talk to very helpful reps.

Is there one you might choose for a European cruise and pre-cruise stay? Or do they all just offer different options? I would prefer someone who offers "cancels for any reason".

Most companies offer the cancel for any reason- it is just much more expensive.

Helaine