Dining Reservations

sns1009

I'm trying to make reservations for our March Panama Canal cruise on the Jade. For most of the pay restaurants, there is only a 7pm and 9pm option. Does that mean other times are full or that those are the only 2 seating's? Also, for Teppanyaki, it only lets me choose a party size of 2 or 4. There are 3 of us. If I choose 4, will we get charged for an extra person?

Thanks for any insight you can offer :)

Check availability everywhere for 4 people. You will find much better options.

If you have the SDP then just book them all for 4 people to get the better times. You can adjust it onboard (see the other current thread for opinions on whether this is necessary).

If you don’t have the SDP then it is slightly more complicated in the places with a cover charge, like Teppenyaki, as you will be charged when booking. If you pay for 4 then you have to get the extra one refunded onboard, which I have never tried. It’s still no problem to book the a la carte ones as there is no upfront charge.

They are not full, just only limited times are released for 3 people. We always just book for 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about Teppanyaki, but we were told onboard the Jade that only 10-15% of capacity is actually available for reservations. If you can’t find what you want online, go to the restaurant reservation desk as soon as you get onboard. They can either accommodate you there or will advise you when you could be accommodated as a walk up.

if you do not see the times you want online that means it is full. You can still get the times you want by booking the restaurant on board the ship asap

Yes as explained to me a few cruises ago, they save out several times for those who do book after they board, so normally, you can get the time you want as long as you book as soon as you get on board. This is not a guarantee but normally works.