Accessible Sky Suite vs Family Verandah...

MamasNomad

Opinions please....have done my own research but curious about other opinions....we are currently booked in Rm 8127 (accessible Sky Suite) on the Infinity. This will be a 15 day Panama Canal cruise. Accessible SS was assigned based on GTY room reservation.

We have the opportunity to change to a Sunset Family Verandah cabin. The idea of more space in the room plus the wonderful verandah is very tempting.....

Pros and cons of 1) staying with accessible Sky Suite and 2) changing to Family Verandah cabin.

TIA for all thoughts, advice and opinions !!

This is a TOUGH decision. We have stayed in both. We have cruised in the exact same Sky Suite, but, only for four nights. We had a Family Verandah on our Panama Canal Infinity cruise just last month(Oct 24-Nov 8). We LOVED the extra space and the fantastic balcony on the FV. We were in 8166, corner AFT. We both agreed that the FV greatly enhanced our cruise. OTH, the suite benefits of Luminae, Michael's Club, etc. are fantastic. My dh says he would take the FV over the two, but, I would probably choose the suite strictly for the suite benefits. I am sorry I am not much help, LOL. Please let us know what you decide.

We were on a B2B on the Infinity this year. First cruise in Sky Suite and 2nd in FV. We enjoyed Luminae, Michael's Club was empty in the evening, dark and uninviting so for us no value.

If we had to choose we would pick the FV (particularly for a cruise like the Panama Canal). The balcony is amazing, the 2 rooms are larger than the Sky Suite. The butler who moved our clothes from the SS had never seen a FV and his reaction was - WOW this is much bigger than the Sky Suite - them he saw the balcony and said - I know why you moved. The Sky Suite balcony was tiny - 2 chairs and no table. FV. Large table & 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs.

Did we miss Luminae yes but had dinner in the speciality restaurants a couple of nights and had dinner on the balcony a couple of nights.

For us we would pick the SS. We enjoy Luminae. We over all also enjoy MC very much. Yes on some cruises MC is more busy. We have met some really nice people in MC. I like the MC on Celebrity's M class ships and the latest 2 S class ships better than on the 1st 3 S class ships. We had been booking SS until our last cruise we were in Aqua. We had 2 perks OBC and CDP with OBC for booking on board. I did fine with my Elite Plus internet mins. My husband went through his Elite Plus internet mins and our friends 2 Elite internet mins. We will be getting the best package with all 4 perks for now on.

Make sure it is a CORNER FV, not the one next to it. We always used to be in Concierge Class afts, right next to the FVs that were right next to the corner FVs, the ones with the huge balconies.

While the CC and the FV's next to us were nice, there is really no comparison.

But another twist...you say Panama Canal...the view from any aft (CC or FV) for the Panama Canal is spectacular...you might not see where you are going, but you see where you have been, and have a full on view of the locks and the procedures to get through them.

Now that I think about it, I'd take the FV for the Panama Canal, but the Suite for any other itinerary.

Thanks all for your comments. Definitely leaning towards the aft corner FV.

I've watched a few YouTube videos on aft corner FV rooms (none on the Infinity though..). Everyone comments about how small the bathroom is and how tight it is in the shower. Thoughts/comments?

I would not tary too long if you want the corner FV. Those go fast. The bathroom in those cabins is exactly the same as the bathroom in any other balcony cabin on an M class ship.

I moved from a royal suite to a corner FV on the Infinity on a B2B2B. This was prior to all the suite benefits. Missed my butler, but thought the cabin was bigger. The balcony definitely was. For the Panama Canal, I'd grab that in a heartbeat.

This is a TOUGH decision. We have stayed in both. We have cruised in the exact same Sky Suite, but, only for four nights. We had a Family Verandah on our Panama Canal Infinity cruise just last month(Oct 24-Nov 8). We LOVED the extra space and the fantastic balcony on the FV. We were in 8166, corner AFT. We both agreed that the FV greatly enhanced our cruise. OTH, the suite benefits of Luminae, Michael's Club, etc. are fantastic. My dh says he would take the FV over the two, but, I would probably choose the suite strictly for the suite benefits. I am sorry I am not much help, LOL. Please let us know what you decide.

I'M SO EXCITED !!!!! We are confirmed in cabin 7199 ..... woo, hoo !!! Thanks everyone for your input. :cool: