Beverage Menu P&O Cruise

Zac#1

Sorry, we just got off but don't have any photos of the menus. Is there any particular drink in question? Most cocktails are $12, most good beers are $8 (VB for $5.90), wines are averaging around $10 per glass, teas and coffees from the cafe' range but are around $5 for a medium.

Sorry, we just got off but don't have any photos of the menus. Is there any particular drink in question? Most cocktails are $12, most good beers are $8 (VB for $5.90), wines are averaging around $10 per glass, teas and coffees from the cafe' range but are around $5 for a medium.

Thank you , just trying to find out if the Beverage Package is good value for a steady drinker

Zac

Good work.

We were buying the Matua wines, mainly the sav blanc for $33 a bottle.

Australian currency? $33 is just acceptable for Matua which is NZ?

I cracked a bottle of Moet Imperial Champers last night, received as a gift. IMO pretty ordinary, I would not pay $70 at Woollies for it.:hearteyes: I reckon a bottle of Moet on the ships would be around $300 with their 400% mark ups.:(

Matua is $10 in the supermarket...

My tip for drinking value is to order off the menu at the Mix bar. The mixologist should be happy to make something (I would say thinks like - something with cream and vodka or juice with gin) because it is off the menu they just charge you for the single or double shot so you could get a cocktail for as low as $8.

When thinking of if the drinks package is worth it you need to not just work out how many drinks per day but also what kind of days they are. For example if you have lots of port days and you plan to go have a busy day off the ship you are likely to be tired and therefore not drink as much. Sea days people tend to drink more - and the last night most people just drink moderately.

I do have the full wine list from our Sept cruise but will need to work out how to post photos.

Good luck remaining steady on your feet after drinking steadily all day.:D

Heya Bloke,

I have not done a P&O cruise since waaaay back in the 1980's in the TSS F*** Star however

I hear P&O is turning into the Jetstar of the seas.

I really liked the Dawn so the ship size is good for us.

However I do not want be in the mind set that I am paying for everything where I normally take for 'included in the price" or get charged for each ice cube.

What did you think of the "Old Dawn, versus the New Dawn"?

Sorry to hijack the thread if you want to create a new one ........

Would you recommend ??

You could say P&O are like jetstar - except they have a better timeliness record! You can easily cruise on them without paying anything extra or you can spend as much as you like.

You can take 12 cans each person onboard, so while there is only water available for free outside of breakfast hours you could get away with spending nothing.

I alway shake my head at those who say they are being "nickeled and dimed" on P&O - of course the "lectures" are sessions to get you to buy something - P&O actually don't care about your posture and want to give you insoles for free!

So I guess it will come down to what you think should be included. You can get food, accommodation and entertainment included. If you want anything extra you might have to pay. Yes some lines offer free pizza, room service etc but you get what you pay for. I would say that P&O is a 3 star line - with research and a good attitude you will have a good holiday but if you expect the Ritz on on motor lodge budget you will be disappointed. On the positive side the ice is free!

You could say P&O are like jetstar - except they have a better timeliness record! You can easily cruise on them without paying anything extra or you can spend as much as you like.

You can take 12 cans each person onboard, so while there is only water available for free outside of breakfast hours you could get away with spending nothing.

I alway shake my head at those who say they are being "nickeled and dimed" on P&O - of course the "lectures" are sessions to get you to buy something - P&O actually don't care about your posture and want to give you insoles for free!

So I guess it will come down to what you think should be included. You can get food, accommodation and entertainment included. If you want anything extra you might have to pay. Yes some lines offer free pizza, room service etc but you get what you pay for. I would say that P&O is a 3 star line - with research and a good attitude you will have a good holiday but if you expect the Ritz on on motor lodge budget you will be disappointed. On the positive side the ice is free!

Hello sweetp12,

You mentioned that you are allowed 12 cans of refreshments. Does that include alcohol cans.(y)(n)

Cheers Zac.

• 4 months later...

On the Pac Eden last March I paid $2.95 for a large glass of orange juice (no ice) the same as a glass of coke or whatever.

If you like, take those coffee saches or milo and make whatever you want from the drink machines in the Pantry using the milk and water button. I use that option for my tea because I am used to having skim milk in my tea and find the ordinary milk a little too creamy.

By the way Welcome back Mick. Been quiet on this thread lately. :)