Forgot boarding documents

TexasTrio

I used to work security at Port Canaveral for RCCL. Not sure if Carnival has the same procedures but with RCCL, if you forget your boarding pass, each security check-in post has a copy of the manifest and we would just look you up. Is it painful for the staff? Yes but remember we are working with humans and all humans make mistakes. Personally, if I was using the port garage for parking and they have a hard rule that a boarding pass is required I would just park off-site and take their shuttle to the port. It would be cheaper anyway! Bottom line...if you're on the manifest you're going to be able to board with a bit of a hassle to do it (assuming you have the correct ID).

Update... neither of us received an email with electronic doc's. We have been trying to access the booking on our phones, but are receiving a message that the booking number cannot be found. Will keep you updated. We are about an hour from the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Update... neither of us received an email with electronic doc's. We have been trying to access the booking on our phones, but are receiving a message that the booking number cannot be found. Will keep you updated. We are about an hour from the port.

Try calling Carnival and see if they can email it to you. Don’t know if it will work, but it’s worth a shot.

Have you tried accessing from logging into the account at carnival.com and also from the Carnival phone app? When I click on my phone app, it shows that my cruise is in 13 days. Maybe you can access it that way.

I used to work security at Port Canaveral for RCCL. Not sure if Carnival has the same procedures but with RCCL, if you forget your boarding pass, each security check-in post has a copy of the manifest and we would just look you up. Is it painful for the staff? Yes but remember we are working with humans and all humans make mistakes. Personally, if I was using the port garage for parking and they have a hard rule that a boarding pass is required I would just park off-site and take their shuttle to the port. It would be cheaper anyway! Bottom line...if you're on the manifest you're going to be able to board with a bit of a hassle to do it (assuming you have the correct ID).

I didn’t know some parking garages needed a boarding pass. What would you do if the port itself required it before letting you “on base”? Any idea what that procedure would be?

Additional drama, just found out one of the other couples going on the cruise with us, one of them forgot their passport. They are at the terminal getting things figured out. Hard to believe we are all normally highly functioning adults..

Additional drama, just found out one of the other couples going on the cruise with us, one of them forgot their passport. They are at the terminal getting things figured out. Hard to believe we are all normally highly functioning adults..

OMG. Hopefully someone can fax them a copy of their BC.

Did you have a chance to try the link? That’s what came up from my email I got. Make sure to add your booking number at the end though.

That's a pain! Hopefully they can get someone to scan their birth certificate and email it to Carnival quickly. I scanned mine and my husband's and saved it to my phone as a last resort in case I need it. I also did that with my passport. I think Carnival accepts copies of birth certificates.

Keep us posted. We're all on the edge of our seats.

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk

Updated they just texted they are on the ship. Not sure how will post when we see them. We have dropped off luggage and in line to park.

That's good news. I know you can't wait to get on the ship and put all of the stress behind you.

I didn’t know some parking garages needed a boarding pass. What would you do if the port itself required it before letting you “on base”? Any idea what that procedure would be?

I only know that Port Canaveral, San Diego, Honolulu, NYC and New Orleans the passenger has free access to the "base" until they hit the actual terminal then they need to present the docs.

I only know that Port Canaveral, San Diego, Honolulu, NYC and New Orleans the passenger has free access to the "base" until they hit the actual terminal then they need to present the docs.

Miami is like that too. Port Everglades was not. It had been quite a few years since I sailed from there and totally forgot until I went in August. The people in the Uber with me had to reach all the way in the back and get my tote bag that had all my info in it. Then they had to get their DL and sign their Passports. The guard actually left our car to check another one while we were getting situated.

I should have remembered from when we first got our Passports. We took a limo and the boys never signed theirs because they were little and I just forgot about it. They had to sign them before they let us through. Don’t know why they do that.

Anyone know how big of a hassle it is going to be that we forgot our boarding documents?? Half way to Galveston and realized we have our luggage tags but nothing else... Help

As long as you have passport/ID, they will print your boarding docs for you. Assuming you did your online check-in. Had that issue with a fellow cruiser and was no problem. Good luck

Oh and I wonder what would happen at Port Everglades at the security gate? They require you to show your boarding pass and Passport before they let you in to the port itself.

I sailed out of PE, driven by a Lyft driver, and did not have to show my passport or my boarding pass at the security gate. I had my boarding pass ready but wasn’t asked to show it.

Update we are on board Hooray!! No issues getting boarding docs simply asked a Carnival rep by the luggage drop off. He directed us to a lovely young lady who printed them out in the spot from a handheld device. Luggage was waiting by the door. All un packed As soon as Muster is over I am ordering a much needed drink. Still haven't hooked up with our friends to get the full story on the passport. Thank all of you for the help!! I will try not to do this again in April when we sail on the Horizon.

Update we are on board Hooray!! No issues getting boarding docs simply asked a Carnival rep by the luggage drop off. He directed us to a lovely young lady who printed them out in the spot from a handheld device. Luggage was waiting by the door. All un packed As soon as Muster is over I am ordering a much needed drink. Still haven't hooked up with our friends to get the full story on the passport. Thank all of you for the help!! I will try not to do this again in April when we sail on the Horizon.

This was better than watching Days of Our Lives.

Have a nice cruise!

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk