Yet Another Once-In-A-Lifetime Sale ...

jewopaho

... but still the same prices. This must keep the marketing department up nights ... 30% off for all passengers, preceded by 60% off the second traveler, following a 50% discount for the #2 occupant plus an "instant savings" (good thing I paid attention in math class).

This is not even to mention slicing and dicing up the staterooms into a myriad of categories. Both my very experienced travel agent and our Next Cruise consultant aboard ship were left scratching their heads ... and I thought that after dozens of cruises, I could look at the brochure and finalize things in a couple of minutes. :rolleyes:

Until the day someone brings them to court for the fake sales, just as Kohl’s and Macy’s. Those are not sales because the prices were never sold for higher than what they advertise.

The first time I realized this was when I went to Kohl’s a few days prior to Thanksgiving a few years ago. Returned again on Black Friday just to realize that the “sale” item I was looking at was actually a few dollars higher. Not much but just enough to notice that their sales are not really at discounted price. RCL does the same thing so it’s hard to know when you are really getting a good deal because there is always a sale.

It's a real sale (?) if you book when the itineraries are released. After that it's a crap shoot & IMO mostly higher prices as supply & demand sets in. There may be some itineraries where there's price drop, but you don't get the luxury of choosing the desirable cabins.

The most recent sale that I took advantage was Black Friday/Cyber Monday as RCL was offering $200 obc for a non-refundable balcony cabin, to go along with my D+ balcony discount. This was a 9 niter on the Anthem for August and also, took advantage of my TA's goodies of pre-paid grats, dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant and $150 obc combination of loyalty & Thanksgivings promo.

I cannot believe it but with this current sale I just scored a $115 price reduction, my cousin got a $239 reduction and our friends scored a $275 reduction on our April 29th Oasis Cruise!!!

So don’t give up....miracles do happen sooner or later...:D:D:D:D

Happy Sailing everyone!!!

RCL does the same thing so it’s hard to know when you are really getting a good deal because there is always a sale.

Cruiseplum helps with this - it lists a total per day price for the cabin.

Biker, who looks to have that number be under $200.