Luggage Covers (skins) Who uses them?

masterty

I use a luggage cover/skin, not for zipper failure (good reason) but more for luggage identification (and it keeps the bag clean).

I didn't think about the TSA. But as long as they put the cover inside my luggage after they check, I'm OK. I don't expect them to put it back on.

We bought some several years ago. The stretchy material was much more flimsy than I thought it would be. After using them the first time we noticed several holes. They seemed to be at areas where the luggage had anything raised and caused by rubbing against something hard. They weren't worth the money. We now use orange luggage straps.

There was a video that had gone viral a few months ago on FB that had an Asian girl with glasses and a round face with said face stretched over suitcases for a good five minutes.

...I am also an Asian girl with glasses and a round face who somehow found my doppelgänger in a video about luggage skins. So for the next few weeks I got bombarded with my friends sending me that video 😂 I'm assuming I'll probably be receiving a few for my birthday next year.

I saw these somewhere online and the price was right so I picked up a set. I uploaded a photo from our last cruise, hit pay now and voila... 6 weeks later these arrived.

When my DW saw it she said "I hope you like flying alone"....! My response was..."but....but...this will save your garments from being flung around the tarmac when the zipper fails".

In hindsight I did not think this all the way through. If anyone is curious I paid roughly 60 bucks for all three from these guys. https://www.forudesigns.com/basics/Household/Luggage_Cover

26235686_10215870698546618_911008680_o.jpg

26237035_10215870698386614_1878172014_o%20%281%29.jpg

26180074_10215870700746673_991215884_o.jpg

I'm afraid I have to side with your wife on this one. ;p

lol I have to agree with others, you definitely shouldn't have any problem identifying your luggage at baggage claim.

But then, I also have to agree with your wife. There is no way that I would travel with luggage that had my face plastered all over it.

I guess it may be a guy thing, as my husband thinks these are really neat looking.