P&O Marketing

gadabout60

P&O’s marketing team really know how to stick the knife in

just got an email “Remember the time you enjoyed aboard Adonia this year” ending with “we look forward to welcoming you again in 2018”

No you don’t - you cancelled my Adonia cruise and can’t offer me anything similar

P&O’s marketing team really know how to stick the knife in

just got an email “Remember the time you enjoyed aboard Adonia this year” ending with “we look forward to welcoming you again in 2018”

No you don’t - you cancelled my Adonia cruise and can’t offer me anything similar

Oh dear. Yes, I’ve received the same email. They’ve remembered the time we spent aboard Aurora this year (though not referred to the fact it was 3 times) but have overlooked the time we spent on Britannia and Ventura in 2017 as well. All of which bothers me far less than the fact that it seemed a pointless email, with the link taking you to a press release that’s more than 3 months old! Even as a regular customer, I do feel that I receive too many marketing emails from P&O about nothing at all.

Yes, we receive emails from P&O nearly every day now about nothing at all and with links to old news lol.

Mind you, I am also receiving snail mail post nearly every single day from a TA we used only once. Getting too much of a good thing - but the recycling bin likes it.

My favourite (NOT) P&O marketing coup of the year was their promotion to travel agents on FB of their new improved On Board booking process where they really gloated to the TAs that now they have got rid of the old Future Cruise Downpayments scheme, the TAs would be so much better off........

This cascaded down into my newsfeed just at the same time that some of us were upset at the loss of the FCDs and were being told (wrongly) that their withdrawal was due to customer feedback rather than a simple business decision which they later admitted to. But what timing eh?

Edited by Scriv

We have today received an e-mail from P&O thanking us for cruising with them onboard Britannia and hope the memor of the cruise lasts a long time. Trouble is we havent cruised on Britannia or any other P&O ship in 2017.

I’m not even looking if I had one, I’m choosing to try to forget our cruise on Britannia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received our email too.

For the last 2 new years we did a 4 night Ventura cruise which we enjoyed but for new year 2017 they changed it to 5 days which through work commitments we couldn't do but would have been able to do the 4 nights no problem.

Glad I'm not the only one! My version was to remind me of the time I've spent on Oriana when I haven't yet taken the cruise (until February 2018!). And they keep sending me reminders to book shore excursions when these were booked and paid for months ago. Frankly, it's just funny.

Glad I'm not the only one! My version was to remind me of the time I've spent on Oriana when I haven't yet taken the cruise (until February 2018!). And they keep sending me reminders to book shore excursions when these were booked and paid for months ago. Frankly, it's just funny.

That made me laugh! Oriana is a beautiful ship, I hope you have a wonderful time.

Happy New Year Everyone

Just received my daily marketing email from P&O (if they aren’t daily they certainly feel like it). This one wishes me a Happy New Year and suggests that I might like to book a cruise in 2018 with them. I already have 3 P&O cruises totalling 43 days booked for 2018 and 2 more in 2019. Is that not enough for them?

Just received my daily marketing email from P&O (if they aren’t daily they certainly feel like it). This one wishes me a Happy New Year and suggests that I might like to book a cruise in 2018 with them. I already have 3 P&O cruises totalling 43 days booked for 2018 and 2 more in 2019. Is that not enough for them? ��

My parents and I received the same email even though we have three booked for 2018.

It is probably just a blanket email that has gone out to everyone regardless of whether they have booked or not, but they should be more careful with the way they write these emails and who they are targeting.

Enjoy your cruises

Without trying to be inflammatory, you can unsubscribe to the marketing emails so easily. So if you want to miss the great deals.......😉

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

You are quite correct, but the issue is that one in ten does contain something that you want to know. It’s the other 9 that cause the problem ;)

P & O are merely joining in with all my other best friends who email constantly: basically anyone I've bought anything from in the last 5 years or more. Rather than unsubscribing, using the delete button is easy enough. Just in case there is a message I might find useful. Who knows!

We have today received an e-mail from P&O thanking us for cruising with them onboard Britannia and hope the memor of the cruise lasts a long time. Trouble is we havent cruised on Britannia or any other P&O ship in 2017.

I got that one and was really impressed as I had cruised on Britannia last year! And I thought I was special [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums