Video trip report: CS Best of India and Sri Lanka - Singapore to Abu Dhabi (Celebrity

WS80

Hi everyone!

On the last day of the year I finally finished our video trip report of our wonderful cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi last April. We had the best time ever!

You can view the playlist at

Questions are welcome :)

Happy new year to you all and thanks for the kind words!

We didn't do much in Singapore because my partner felt miserable after the long flight. Had a very nice hotel room though with beautiful views (Fairmont hotel) so we enjoyed that :-)

Our favorite ports were a big surprise to us! We booked this cruise because we love the Constelation, because it was long (15 nights) and because of the unique itinerary but we were anxious about going to India. The Indian ports ended up as our favorite while we didn't like Dubai.

Before this cruise we feared India would be too dirty and chaotic for us and expected Dubai would suit us much better. Well... India was indeed dirty and chaotic but also had a unique atmosphere and the most friendly people ever! Dubai felt too artificial. We also loved Thailand BTW.

Doing this cruise in March and loved the video but for me it was the music- LOVED IT - how did you research and find the music?

Have been to India twice and it has a charm - i cannot describe but the music dows - thank you

Hi everyone!

On the last day of the year I finally finished our video trip report of our wonderful cruise from Singapore to Abu Dhabi last April. We had the best time ever!

You can view the playlist at

Questions are welcome :)

I haven't time to watch now, but hoping to find this link easily tomorrow. Thinking of booking this cruise for 2019 or 2020 while onboard in March. From the Celebrity site it seems that Oman is not included in April 2019, and the cruise ends in Dubai, rather than Abu Dhabi. My pre-perception of India is similar to yours, so great to hear you found something special there. Looking forward to seeing and listening to your masterpiece tomorrow.

I haven't time to watch now, but hoping to find this link easily tomorrow. Thinking of booking this cruise for 2019 or 2020 while onboard in March. From the Celebrity site it seems that Oman is not included in April 2019, and the cruise ends in Dubai, rather than Abu Dhabi. My pre-perception of India is similar to yours, so great to hear you found something special there. Looking forward to seeing and listening to your masterpiece tomorrow.

You will love this cruise! Be aware that the cruise we were on was very popular. If you want a specific room, you might want to book earlier.

Too bad they skip Oman. We found that country much more charming than the UAE.

I can imagine why they end the cruise in Dubai. The distance between both ports was very short and many people already left the ship in Dubai because of the better flights out of there. However we were glad we did Abu Dhabi. Celebrity had a special offer where you could stay on board until noon (with lunch at the Ocean View). After lunch they did a tour to the major sights and attraction. The tour ended at the airport. This was a very nice way to end the cruise.

Doing this cruise in March and loved the video but for me it was the music- LOVED IT - how did you research and find the music?

Have been to India twice and it has a charm - i cannot describe but the music dows - thank you

Thank you for your nice comments!

I got the music from YouTube. A search for "free Indian music" should guide you in the right direction.

You will love this cruise! Be aware that the cruise we were on was very popular.

Perhaps it will be 2020 or 2021 before we cruise! We intend to combine the cruise with a land tour including Delhi,Jaipur and Agra. I have read that the Taj Mahal is under scaffolding for a thorough clean during 2018, and maybe 2019. I expect many tourists will delay their travels until that process is completed.

Having watched the videos, some questions re the shore excursions.

Were yours booked with Celebrity?

If so, Before leaving home or onboard?

Were there tour operators waiting at the wharf for those who hadn't pre-booked?

Were there local stalls set up at the wharf?

Were there any problems about returning to the ship in time, considering the traffic.

Were shore excursion prices comparable to other destinations you have visited?

Thanks for your anticipated reply.